Monday, October 10, 2016

NaNoWriMo

When I first started this writing journey I was on a mission.  I kept to a strict schedule, thinking of writing as my part-time job. I held myself accountable.  Five published books later, my drive has waned.

I still have to fight thru obstacles to get my butt in chair. And the kicker is that the obstacles are those that I've placed in front of myself.

I own my choices.

After ten months of writing nothing new, I decided to jump into NaNoWriMo.

Sometimes, I shouldn't think so much and just write. NaNoWriMo is perfect for that.

Are you joining this year?

8 comments:

  1. I think I will. Look for me I'm emaginette. hehehe Like you didn't know.

    Anna from elements of emaginette

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not this year, but I'm hoping to absorb some of the energy to finish my WIP. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh how I wish I could do NaNo. I just don't think my brain works that way.

    Three times in my current WIP, I have stalled for a week, unmotivated to write even though I knew what all the characters needed to do next. In each case, after languishing for days, my brain suddenly discovered a more interesting path for the story -- and a better way for every character to do what I needed them to do.

    If I had pushed with my original plan, I would have made a mess of the story. It is a hard thing for me to accept, but I need to draft slowly.

    Now, revising, I do fast. Is there a National Novel Revising Month?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not sure. I don't necessarily use the first draft for plot. I use it to get to know my characters. It makes it easier for me to do some sort of outline. Usually.

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by! I had to turn on the word verification due to spammers. Sorry for the inconvenience.