Thursday, March 31, 2016

The Art of Excuses

I haven't been here a while. I haven't really been anywhere in a long time. I've been living the art of Excuses.  I need rest, I say. I have nothing interesting to write, or say or express. I need to catch up with Arrow, Daredevil, Flash, Walking Dead.... on and on the list goes. Then there's the living thing...cleaning, cooking, helping kids with homework on and on.

I've been living on excuses, ignoring the fact that I feel incomplete, alone, maybe a bit broken. Not because of anyone else or any one thing, but because I've been avoiding what makes me...me. I need to exercise,  take a family vacation, write. I need to wake up.

I can't say that I'm ready to jump in since I'm holding myself accountable here, but I am ready to start inching back to my life. I guess it's time to reevaluate my goals and objectives. To figure out what makes me happy.

I'm actually looking forward to it.






2 comments:

  1. My poor blog is so neglected too. Best of luck charting a new path from here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've blogged much less. I still like it though, so I'm trying to keep to a loose schedule. And I hear you. I've had two book releases so I have not been able to write any significant amount for a couple of months, which frankly, feels terrible. I'm planning to remedy this in May when my launch thing settles down and I stop teaching for the summer. Here's wishing you a newfound energy and path.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I had to turn on the word verification due to spammers. Sorry for the inconvenience.