Available now: http://bit.ly/Alternatebook3
When a portal leaves Baxter trapped and powerless in an alternate world, she finds herself on the run and fighting for her life. The world’s Council wants to hand her over to Declan, and her only source of support is a broken Alternate Jack who blames her for all he’s lost. Baxter soon realizes that if she’s going to defeat Declan and get back to her world, she’ll have to reclaim her abilities and be stronger than she ever imagined.
Declan and the Absorbers’ Initiative wage war on everyone who opposes them in their hunt for Baxter. Their actions reveal what her future will be like if she doesn’t make some drastic decisions. She knows that one misstep on her part will lead to the destruction of not just this world, but her own.
In a race against Time and bitter enemies, Baxter will discover how much is at stake and just what she’ll have to sacrifice to save those she loves. Can she learn from the fate of an alternate world how to become the Time Bender she’s meant to be?
10 things you don’t know about Mara Huxtable
1. Mara was born in London, England.
2. After moving to New York at age six, Mara threatened to escape back to England a few times, until her mother and father forced her to make friends with some of the kids in the New York Council.
3. Mara and Andrew Jacobs became good friends when he rescued her from being attacked by another Council Member.
4. Mara is trilingual; she speaks fluent Spanish and French as well as English.
5. She volunteered at the local Children’s hospital before she studied to become a nurse.
6. Even though she loved studying to become a nurse, she was never allowed to work as one, because the Council believed she would use her ability to help humans.
7. Mara battled with depression throughout most of her teen years, after finding out that she was a necromancer.
8. When Dickie asked Mara out on a date, she declined on the basis that he was far too young and that he was ginger.
9. After the Land o’ lakes house was burned to the ground, Mara became increasingly concerned about the safety of the family. She knew that the Councils were trying to coerce her into returning to the fold, and using force has always been their style. She compelled Dickie’s parents to leave the house to them and then proceeded to cast a spell over it and grounds to protect it from prying eyes. She used her own blood to seal the house, which meant that only her family members could find her and the house.
10. Her first child was a stillborn baby named James. She and Andrew called off the wedding after the birth of James, and didn’t get married until a year before Baxter was born.
Connect with Marilyn: