Wednesday, July 1, 2015

IWSG

 
Go here for more info!

Summer!

After getting a very nice pass on a submission, I feel FREE! Weird, but now I can continue with making the story stronger. The knowing is the best part for me. I realized I can't function in the unknown.

And now Summer is here and I've taken a break from writing with no guilt!

It feels wonderful.

I have two first drafts of sequels I have to complete and a revision of a new series. I'm not sure which I'm going to dive into next but right now I don't care.

I'm starting a new job on Monday and am enjoying the precious moments I have with my family, and it's all good.

Once I start my day job, I'll have to work in getting my groove back. And I'm looking forward to it.

What are your summer plans?

9 comments:

  1. Not knowing, not hearing back, waiting is the worst! I always feel better once I get a response even if it is a rejection.

    It's lovely not to have guilt. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm excited to write a brand new novel. I've been editing and rewriting for months so a new project is what I need. Good luck with your writing and new job :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree, not knowing is the worst. A pass, though temporarily disappointing (and sometimes even crushing) at least gives you the closure to move on ... and get back to all the other things in your life.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had a recent rejection too. Mulling over the notes given. I love when they give feedback.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rejection is hard, but at least you know you can move on. Summer is such a busy crazy time for me with all the kiddos home!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I must have missed you last week. Glad you feel free and are excited about the months to come. Smile for me--I'm playing the waiting game. :-/

    Anna from Elements of Writing

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on the new job, and enjoy your break. We all need one now and then.
    My plan this summer is write my fingers off, until the school year starts again. Wish me luck :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks! I have fingers crossed for all of us! =)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations on the new job! I love that excited feeling when you know how to make something you wrote better. Happy Writing!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I had to turn on the word verification due to spammers. Sorry for the inconvenience.