Tuesday, May 12, 2015

What's next?

What's next?

That's a question I've been battling with since...well, since I haven't written anything new.

I learned that I cannot write anything new while on submission. The waiting game kills me. That's when I go on a reading binge.

But then I have to face the music.

And I've been wondering what to write next. I have to finish what I started. Although I have so many shiny, new, ideas, I have to finish what I started. I fear that if I let myself slip into not finishing anything I will fall into that cycle again. No. I stand firm and I have to finish what I started. Even if it's just a first draft. A backlist. Something that will never see the light of day.

I have to finish it.

2 comments:

  1. After I finish a project I always go on a reading binge, after that deciding what the next project is going to be. Sometimes there are some false starts. But once I commit to a project, it's not easy to finish. I have to cheerleader myself along, make myself do it, and tell my doubts to shut up. The doubts, they're always there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes that's the hardest thing to do. I'm dragging with my latest project, but I'm determined to finish it even though it won't be finished as soon as I thought it would be. I see it through to the end.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I had to turn on the word verification due to spammers. Sorry for the inconvenience.