Saturday, April 18, 2015

P = Perseverance

 
 



Giving up is not an option.

I've been inspired by success stories, by hope, by failure. I've been inspired by the youth and families I've worked with over the years as they try to rise above poverty and violence.

To Persevere.

I often have to remind myself that the world is much more than writing, much more than the four corners bordering my block, my home. I have to remind myself that though I am not alone in this journey called life, the drive to keep going, to not give up or tap out on life, my dreams, and goals has to start with me.

I keep going for my kids, for my family, but most importantly I do it for ME.

Giving up is not an option.


 

3 comments:

  1. Great pep talk! We'll never reach our goals and dreams if we give up. We must persevere! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes to perseverance!
    I must keep that mandate in mind to finish the draft of my witch novel!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I had to turn on the word verification due to spammers. Sorry for the inconvenience.