Friday, April 17, 2015

O = Open-Minded


Life is hard.

Why?

I often ask myself why? Why doesn't the world bend to my every whim? Why can't I be this or that? Why...Why...Why...

But that question can never be answered, not truly.  If I strip away every moment that has led me to this place, now, where I'm at, I lose the importance of what made me...me. I oftentimes don't understand where life has led me, but that is the wonder of it. Me thinks. And I find that I have to continuously keep an open-mind in order to appreciate those moments and not get lost in regret or grief.

Here are seven benefits of keeping an open-mind.


4 comments:

  1. Yeah, there's no point wishing things had been different. You are who you are because of what you've gone through.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to ask 'why' all the time, but not anymore. You're right that we can't ever answer that question and that everything that has happened has made us into the people we are today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That quote really spoke to me. It takes a lot of gusto to purposely laugh when you want to cry.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I had to turn on the word verification due to spammers. Sorry for the inconvenience.