Thursday, April 16, 2015

N= Nanda Parbat


 

Nanda Parbat is a fictional city in the DC Comics universe. Patterned after the fictional Shangri-La and the real Nanga Parbat in Pakistan, Nanda Parbat is a hidden city nestled high in the mountains of Tibet; it is said to be a place of healing and enlightenment watched over by the goddess-like figure Rama Kushna and her monks. As in Shangri-La, time moves differently in Nanda Parbat; one can leave the city to find that less time has passed in the outside world.  Wikipedia




As we journey through changes in our lives it's important to have a special place you can go to find healing and enlightenment. I take long walks or find a quiet spot and retreat into my imagination when I need to heal or make sense of things.

That is my own Nanda Parbat...minus the whole League of Assassins thing and Ra's Al Ghul. I am an Arrow fan. =)

Where do you go to heal or find enlightenment?

3 comments:

  1. That city is magnificent. Can I live there? ;)

    I like to talk walks to think and calm myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like to go to the gym. The last hour before it closes at night is usually very quiet and the perfect place to be when I'm trying to figure my life out.

    The Capillary
    Stopping by from the A to Z Challenge
    http://thecapillary.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I had to turn on the word verification due to spammers. Sorry for the inconvenience.