Monday, April 6, 2015

E= Elizabeth Gilbert

 
Elizabeth M. Gilbert is an American author, essayist, short story writer, biographer, novelist and memoirist. She is best known for her 2006 memoir, Eat, Pray, Love, which as of December 2010 has spent 199 weeks on the New York Times Best Seller list, and was also made into a film by the same name in 2010.
 
 
I read Eat, Pray, Love not because I was interested in food, yoga, or finding romance, but because she opens the book on the bathroom floor sobbing, wondering what the hell happened to her life. And I had found myself in the exact same position before. There was something lacking in my life, something that needed filling, and I had no idea what the hell it was. My a-ha moment hadn't dawned on me yet.
 
I read her book and found comfort in learning that I wasn't alone.
 
I follow Elizabeth Gilbert on Facebook and she inspires me. I can't stress enough the importance of surrounding yourself with positive people. People who "get" you, inspire you. Negativity can weigh a person down, create doubt where there should be none, and can ultimately destroy you. During this writing journey I often found myself listening to negativity (like Gilbert mentions in the video). It was surrounding myself with positive people--bloggers and family--that I am able to survive.
 
 Here she's talking about her writing life after writing a best-seller. 
 

 

4 comments:

  1. I really enjoyed reading Eat, Pray, Love. I read it last year because I love the movie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're right. It's the positive that keeps us going.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I've seen this video of Gilbert before. It's quite interesting. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for stopping by. I love Elizabeth Gilbert. =)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I had to turn on the word verification due to spammers. Sorry for the inconvenience.