Thursday, March 5, 2015

Is My Wig Crooked? by Christine Rains



IS MY WIG CROOKED?
By Christine Rains

One of my favorite things about going to conventions is seeing people in costume. Silly costumes, sexy, detailed, horrible, funny, and WTF? I love them all.

Dressing up in costumes and role playing is called cosplay. It's a big theme in the Dice & Debauchery series. Cosplay leads to several hot scenes in my books. Emily (the protagonist in the second book) and her love interest, Russell are professional cosplayers. They make their own outfits and enter costume contests. Contests in which you can win a lot of money.



I've had two cosplay experiences. The first was during a Harry Potter LARP (Live Action Role Playing) for adults. I was dressed for Slytherin, but I was given a Hufflepuff character. So I had to be a good girl. Or rather, since I was a boy transformed into a girl, a good boy? It was a lot of fun. Everyone dressed up for it.

My second experience was not as positive. It was for a barbarian LARP. I pieced together a costume that was like a conservative Xena. But no one else dressed in costume for this game. To top it off, no one commented on my outfit. So embarrassing. But I was one of the last players alive by the end of it!

You don't need to dress up for games or enter contests if you want to wear a costume. Most folks just do it for fun.



Official Ellora's Cave blurb:

Dice and Debauchery, Book 1

A weekend away at a convention is exactly what overworked student Morgan needs. Dressed as her character from her favorite online game, Morgan is braced—seriously, could her corset be tighter?—to meet the other players. As Lady Gyrfalcon, she’s ready for everything—except her intense attraction to Dean. A clandestine meeting in the hallway of the hotel and Morgan’s corset is looser but now she can’t breathe for entirely different reasons.

Utterly charmed, Morgan decides to roll the dice and indulge in a fantasy-worthy weekend of sexy roleplaying, scorching sex and life-altering orgasms. Still, through it all Morgan is too smart to believe the chemistry constantly stripping her of costumes and control can last more than the length of the convention. But if she wants to keep a relationship so intense she thought it only existed in fiction, she’s going to have to let go of her cool-headed logic and allow herself to fall far and fast for the perfect guy.

A Romantica® contemporary erotic romance from Ellora’s Cave

About the author:

Christine Rains is a writer, blogger, and geek mom. She's married to her best friend and fellow geek living in south-central Indiana. They have one son who is too smart for his parents' own good and loves to pretend he's Batman. Christine has four degrees which help nothing with motherhood, but make her a great Jeopardy player. When she's not reading or writing, she's going on adventures with her son or watching cheesy movies on Syfy Channel. She's a member of Untethered Realms and S.C.I.F.I. (South Central Indiana Fiction Interface). She has several short stories and novellas published. The Dice & Debauchery series is her first contemporary erotic romance.

Please visit her website ( http://christinerains.net ) and blog ( http://christinerains-writer.blogspot.com )

You can also find Christine on Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, and Goodreads.

Purchase links:
Amazon - http://www.amazon.com/Loose-Corset-Christine-Rains-ebook/dp/B00RKPY2NO
B&N - http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/loose-corset-christine-rains/1120960238?ean=9781419992933
Ellora's Cave - http://www.ellorascave.com/loose-corset.html
Kobo - http://store.kobobooks.com/en-US/ebook/loose-corset

Prizes!


a Rafflecopter giveaway

29 comments:

  1. I'v never been to Cons, but I was in a Medieval re-enactment group in NY for years. I never wore a wig, but those Medieval hats can be huge and hard to keep on! Wishing you much success with your new book!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love to go to one...either a con or reenactment. That sounds like fun!

      Delete
  2. Thank you so much, Elizabeth! (I had you written down for the 9th. Did we get our dates mixed up?)

    Lexa, thank you! I love seeing folks dressed up in Medieval costumes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Omg...you're correct. For some reason I thought it was the 5th. So sorry for messing up your schedule. Thank goodness it wasn't a cover reveal. **slams head against desk**

      Delete
    2. It's okay. :) It's up even if it's a little ahead of schedule. Sometimes I forget the day of week or to even put on proper outside clothes to go out! *LOL*

      Delete
  3. Oh I've been to a few cons... and I think that's another reason I love Loose Corset so much... I get all the inside funnies... :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehehe! I can only hope that the books encourage people to go to cons. :)

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Completely! That's part of the fun of LARPs.

      Delete
  5. What? No one dressed up? I've always wanted to go to a convention to dress up. That's the whole fun of it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is! I love seeing folks in costume too.

      Delete
  6. I've never dressed up for one of those but I do enjoy seeing other people dressed up. I would have commented on your outfit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm hoping my little guy will like dressing up. We already do it enough at home! :)

      Delete
  7. The most I've done is Steampunk, but then again, it's not far from my regular dress... >_>
    <_<

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's so cool! Steampunk really impresses me.

      Delete
  8. I've never cosplayed, but it looks like a lot of fun. I'm always impressed by the different cosplays I see posted over on Tumblr. Sorry your Xena cosplay ended up being so cringe-worthy for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd love to see someone cosplay Coco and Nicholas! :)

      Delete
  9. I never done this but good for you for having a sense of humor about your negative experience. I would have died of embarrassment for sure. Glad you carried on and were one of the last ones standing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think things like this bring out the kids in us.

    ReplyDelete
  11. There used to be a show on TV with professional cosplay designers competing. I don't know if it's still on or not. People who take it serious take it very serious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know that show! Heroes of Cosplay. I didn't like the people on it and I heard negative things about them on the geek grapevine, but watching how they made the costumes was neat!

      Delete
  12. My husband would love to dress up. Me, I don;t even like Halloween.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwww. I know what my husband would like me to dress up as too!

      Delete
  13. Generally I'm a bit shy for dressing up, but if it were for a LARP I would've. I thought dressing up was part of the fun in LARPs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! Some people just don't get into that much, I guess.

      Delete
  14. Everyone gets what they put into something. You were raring for fun. :-)

    Anna from Shout with Emaginette

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I had to turn on the word verification due to spammers. Sorry for the inconvenience.