Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Looking to the future

I just realized that I entered the new year without revisiting my accomplishments and with no goals for the new year. That really sucks. I haven't been really motivated to do anything. It's been a struggle just to get up in the morning. Being happy is hard work!

But alas! I have to fight the downward spiral of life. I read recently that some folks just can't seem to see great accomplishments right in front of them. I think it was Elizabeth Gilbert--who mentioned that. Yeah, that's me! And Danielle LaPorte--another inspiring motivational speaker--who said that in order to get unstuck one must stop analyzing the why of it.  "Too much analysis can create paralysis," she says. And I think she's right. I've been worrying so much that I can't see past the gloom.

I've been trying to analyze my future by trying to make sense of my past. Damn you Dr. Phil! 

But no more. I'm done with trying to figure out why. I'm done with self-analyzing every decision I've made up to this point. I can't change the past. And I probably wouldn't anyway. It's made me who I am and I'm pretty darn okay...me thinks.

In 2014 I self-published Darkness, a YA thriller. I also published an adult romance with a small press under a pen-name.

My goals for 2015 is to continue the submission process for my YA Sci-fi and to finally self-publish the third instalment of my Second Sign series--the story of Max--which has been brewing in my mind. The story needs to be told. I am also working on the sequel to Darkness, which I hope to self-publish in August.

 
And I'm super excited!


2 comments:

  1. Hey, better late than never for New Year goals. We should reassess what we're doing all year round anyway. Sounds like you've got some great plans lined up. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I had to turn on the word verification due to spammers. Sorry for the inconvenience.