Wednesday, February 4, 2015

IWSG

 
Go here to check out the website
 
 
After two months of sappy, feeling sorry for myself, I've finally got my grove back. It started with a small success.
 
Backstory: I've been working on this novel for about six years. It started as a short story that grew into a full length novel. But for the life of me, I couldn't figure out an ending I was satisfied with. I didn't know how to end the damn thing, so I let it sit and sit. I wrote an iffy ending, and I started the submission process. Then after two months and a half (that half counts), I got a full request.
 
Yeah...I could've beaten myself because, well, I was still unhappy with the ending. So I went back and reread the whole thing and sat my butt down to finally write the ending...and I fell in love.
 
Falling in love is both good and bad. Love can make one blind to faults. But at this point I didn't care. It reminded me why I love writing and what I've been missing for the past two months as I wallowed in life's challenges. It felt real good to fall in love again.
 
As I wait it out, I find that love of the story outweighs the feeling of fear, the sting of rejection, and the despair of waiting. I can live with that.
 
 


22 comments:

  1. I'm glad you got your groove back! Congrats on the full request! Wishing you all the best of luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy for you! Crossing fingers for good news!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the full request and the new, improved ending! Sometimes, things just take a while to stew and then it's perfectly done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah...this one took a long time. It may be because I lost the story in the journey. I hope I found it again. =)

      Delete
  4. Congrats on the full request! Best of luck with it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, congrats on the full request AND the satisfactory ending! You have accomplished more than half the people who identify themselves as writers in Facebook, so don't beat yourself. Whatever happens now, you keep believing in yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Some stories need a lot of percolation. Sounds like yours is ready. Congrats on the request for a full. Good job.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations, and best of luck! Being in love with your story is so important, I think. Yes, even though love is blind, you need to write it with passion so that readers can read it with passion.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope the see what I see...or don't. =) Keeping fingers crossed.

      Delete
  8. Glad to hear you've got your groove back.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Best of luck to you!

    "Falling in love is both good and bad. Love can make one blind to faults."

    I hear you on that! I have a story I'm in love with, perhaps in a love-is-blind kind of way. It's even the one my agent signed me on, but it has never found a home.

    My story has an ending. I have always known how it ends. Problem is, no one (except me and my agent) likes how it ends.

    Now I have to decide whether to change it to satisfy other people or keep it the way it is and send it back out on sub. It sounds like you found something that makes you happy. I hope I can figure out what to do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe you need a fresh pair of eyes, a list of all possible closure scenarios. I wish I could say just write with your heart and forget everyone else, but...we are producing something for others. The reality of it can be a bit different. But I'm sure the ending will be perfect for your story. =)

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by! I had to turn on the word verification due to spammers. Sorry for the inconvenience.