Wednesday, January 7, 2015

IWSG

Check out the website here.

Wow...2014 has left the building!

I haven't had time to constructively reflect on my 2014 journey in life. Sure, I've felt as if my life has been frayed at the edges and one wrong pull at a loose thread will fully unravel me. Not a good thing. But as these thoughts crowd my mind and my heart, I journey for a firm hold on reality. I tend to live in a reality in my mind. I say the right things, dress the right way, and have everything together in the reality of my mind. But in the real world...well, that's a whole different story.

But it's not all bad. For some awful reason I tend to remember the bad more than the good. I tend to carry that damn glass of water until my arm grows numb and I can't even remember why I decided to hold it in the first place. Glass of water being stress, worry, and everything negative in my life.

But giving up is easy.

Though I haven't shattered that damn glass of water I so vehemently hold up, I have lessened the grip. I've learned a few things about myself.


  • Music makes me dance. 
  • Watching my daughter grow inspires me.
  • I miss the noise of my kids in between the silent moments.
  • Binging on TV shows...well, I just need the couch potato moments sometimes
  • Although I've reached my 30's...okay, 40 something I'm still a work in progress
What have you learned about yourself?


7 comments:

  1. I think the most important things I learned in 2015 is that I am human and as such I am gonna make mistakes lol. The key is getting back up, dusting yourself off and learning from them so you don't make the same mistakes again :) happy 2015 I hope it's a good year for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I learned that I am a big kid at heart and, after an injury which took too long to heal, I need to be busy! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I learned to forget about trying to please people that will never be pleased and go my own way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've learned that when you stress too much your body will let you know. LOL I also learned that life throws curves and you have to be flexible.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Letting that glass of water go is a monumental act in and of itself. You've learned to lessen your grip. That's a huge step in progress.

    I've learned my dreams and my life can sometimes intertwine if I don't get in my own way. Now I just need to work on NOT getting in my own way lol!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've learned a lot last year. 2014, hands down, was one of the most trying years of my life. But I realized in the midst of it all is that all I can do is try my best and then I've just got to relax and and let the things play out (that aren't in my control) the way they are going to play out.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've learned that I should not take on more than I can realistically can handle--and that I need an intern! I watched the first in the new series EMPIRE. Man, it is GOOD! I recommend it. Good plotting there too.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I had to turn on the word verification due to spammers. Sorry for the inconvenience.