Wednesday, November 5, 2014

IWSG

Check out the website here.


It's that time again NaNo-ers. 

Writing a novel in a month is no easy feat/feet. A-huh, you will get brain farts, word vomit, eye wedgies, rapid finger jabbing, and the worst of it all...the i-suck-why-waste-my-time syndrome.
But let's talk about insecurity.

Okay, let's talk about overcoming insecurity. That's why we're all here. To know that we are not alone in this madness of the "why" challenge that can kill creativity and stunt hope. 

I participated in my first NaNo last year and I really enjoyed it. Again, this year I am meeting my goals, moving forward with the plot, having some weird dreams that have nothing to do with what I'm writing but I'm incorporating in it anyway. 
Dragons in a contemporary thriller--yeah. I can add that. Why not?
It's NaNo...Anything goes. 

Whether you are NaNo-ers or not, take comfort in knowing you are not alone. There is an end to the madness--whether in 30 days or a year. But the story needs to be written, needs to take life, and you are the only one that can do it. Because you have Dragons.

Yeah...I'm going back to my hidey hole now. 

Happy Writing!





24 comments:

  1. Happy writing! It's awesome to hear that you've had such great experiences with NaNoWriMo. Too often, all one hears is the negative.

    Good luck with your project, and nice to "meet" you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with NaNo! I'm doing it this year, too. It's exciting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! What's your tag, Maybe we can be buddies. =)

      Delete
  3. Great attitude!
    I think you're on the right track...so back into your hidey hole with your dragon...
    Happy Writing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Best wishes on NaNo. I admire all of you who are participating. Me? I have enough stress right now. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am right there with you getting eye wedgies and brain cramps. I forgot how to spell tortoise this morning and had to move on. Good luck with Nano. See you at the other end of the adventure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! We'll probably need therapy after this but...yay!

      Delete
  6. I love it hahahaha good luck with your NaNo!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Adding Dragons. Hmmm. Maybe I'll try that.

    ReplyDelete
  8. But I don't have dragons! Eye wedgies--classic. Happy NaNo'ing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks. I'll send you a few of mine. I may not need as many as answered the call. =) Thanks!

      Delete
  9. Funny description of what happens to a person on NaNo! I don't do NaNo. I'm a playwright. I did Scriptfrenzy one year, but they don't do that any more. I should just plan my own NaNo month!
    Play off the Page

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why not? With the internet you'll never know what need you'll fill with your own NaNo. =)

      Delete
  10. Good luck tackling Nano. To me it sounds like you have the perfect attitude so keep enjoying yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ok. So it's the NaNoing that's giving the weird dreams? They really should put up a side effects warning about that on the nanowrimo website.
    Last night I dreamt I was running away from the FBI with Harry, Hermione, an old Hindu Priest, my brother, and my best friend's chocolate lab. Prior to that dream I dreamt I was searching for an old Welsh King named Glindauer.
    Weird.
    Happy writing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Have another great NaNo with many dragons and many words. :-)

    Anna from Shout with Emaginette

    ReplyDelete
  13. Dragons are welcome in any tale! :) Good luck with NaNo. I'm cheering you on!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I hope you're slaying the NaNo!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I had to turn on the word verification due to spammers. Sorry for the inconvenience.