Monday, November 24, 2014

Celebrate Family...and food!





The year is almost over! Holy smokes...I'm getting old.

NaNo has kicked my butt this year. But I'm still beating this thing into some form of...mold.

I do want to wish everyone a safe and Happy Thanksgiving wherever you may find yourself. One of the things that I've realized as time goes by is that my family has shrunk. Family members have moved away or they've expanded their own families. Some even work on this day.  But guess what? It's not the end of the world. 
One day of family dinner does not a family make. 
Try saying that ten times.


One of the things I love about this season is the making of the pasteles. Pasteles are a traditional Puerto Rican dish. It's a lot of hard work but worth it. 




So here's to many family dinners filled with lots of food, good company, and good health. 


Liz


2 comments:

  1. Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you had a great Thanksgiving. Looks like half the fun of pasteles is in making them!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I had to turn on the word verification due to spammers. Sorry for the inconvenience.