Thursday, September 25, 2014

Follow Fest


Purpose: A platform building opportunity for writers of all kinds. 
(Think, ‘cyber meet-and-greet with social media links for business cards.’)

When: September 22nd thru 26th, 2014.

How: Create a blog post using the guide provided and sign up on the Linky list any day during FollowFest week, after your post goes live. (To make things easier, there will be only one Linky list this year.) 

During the week of the fest, visit other blogs and connect with as many writers as you wish.

For more info go here

Name:  Elizabeth Arroyo

Fiction or nonfiction? Fiction

What genres do you write? Dark Fantasy, Romance, Thrillers, Contemporary

Are you published? Yes! for full info check out my website www.elizabetharroyo.com

Do you do anything in addition to writing?
I work in the community and teach writing to urban youth. 

Tell us a little about yourself.
I live in Chicago, for real. I have four amazing children and one amazing husband. I love to read anything with great characters. I also binge read. I could read four books in a weekend and then nada. I love watching action flicks, I tend to stay away from stuff that makes me cry (I've cried enough growing up), and... I'm addicted to Arrow CW. 


What are you reading right now?
I just finished The Digital Plague by Jeff Somers


Which authors influenced you the most?
Stephen King, Dean Koontz, J.K Rowling, 

Where can people connect with you?

Here on my blog, or Twitter @EArroyo5

Website www.elizabetharroyo.com

Do you have a newsletter? Yes! Only for new releases. You can subscribe on my website www.elizabetharroyo.com


Is there anything else you’d like us to know?
You can find me on twitter when I should be writing. I am always on the look out for great Beta readers. I think they should have their own holiday. =)

Now your turn. Check out the linky above and join the fest. =)


30 comments:

  1. Your books sound good! Have a great time with Follow Fest!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice! I'm loving your book covers! I have been wanting to watch Arrow but currently have too many shows as it is... I will get to it some day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Arrow is the only one I watch real time. The others I can bargain a day to watch with my husband and kids. But they know not to mess with Wednesdays. lol

      Delete
  3. Big Stephen King fan here! And I've heard good things about that Arrow show but just haven't gotten around to watching it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SK yay! And I am so addicted to Arrow. I have turned into a groupie. =)

      Delete
  4. Nice to learn more about you and your writing. Your books sound awesome. I'm a huge dark YA fan and love thrillers too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think it's so cool that you teach writing to young people!
    Thanks for taking part in Follow Fest. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad I hopped on. =) Thanks for organizing it.

      Delete
  6. Nice to get to know you. It's cool that you work with urban teens.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by. Those teens inspire me. =)

      Delete
  7. I love the genres you write, and Stephen King and J.K. Rowling are on my list, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by! I've always been drawn to the darkside...at least in fiction. =)

      Delete
  8. Hello, Chandara, nice to meet you. OMG, I forgot about Stephen King, that's 3 author's I left out. There's just sooo many that I love.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean. I only put those authors I remembered. =)

      Delete
  9. Replies
    1. Good to meet you too. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  10. Great list of authors for sure! So glad we stopped by!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think you have the right ratio. 4 kids. 1 husband. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol. Sometimes it feels like five kids. =)

      Delete
  12. Yes, Beta readers should have their own holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've finally made my way around here. :-D Looking forward to checking out some of your work!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow! Four kiddos! Bet they keep you hopping. With only two of my own, I can't imagine the taxiing alone!

    And I agree. Good Beta readers re worth their weight in chocolate. Great to meet you through Follow Fest!

    ~Ava

    ReplyDelete
  15. I didn't know you teach writing! How cool. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Nice to meet you through Follow Fest. I think I've come across your book on Melissa's blog before. It was great learning more about you!

    ReplyDelete
  17. It is nice to meet another fantasy writer through Follow Fest. I am especially have a strong love for dark fantasy :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Deen Koontz is fabulous. Odd Thomas is just the best. :)

    <3

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I had to turn on the word verification due to spammers. Sorry for the inconvenience.