Wednesday, August 6, 2014

IWSG


Check out the website here. 

Every month it seems I post the same 'ole same 'ole. I'm insecure about being judged, and, yet, I am my own worse critic. I think we all are. I've learned to deal with it. To push aside the negativity and just keep going. I visualize Dory (NEMO) and I just keep swimming because in the end I have to live with myself. In the end, I realize, I don't have to prove anything to anyone but myself. Nothing I do will be good enough to beat that fool of a critic residing inside me, so I keep swimming.

I do want to give a shout-out to all those peeps I've stalked...ahem, learned from, and even reached out to. I read somewhere that some famous author was surprised because authors banded together for a common cause. Authors are usually about themselves. I thought, huh? Where has this author been? Under a rock? All the authors I've encountered have been awesome and giving. Everyone joining IWSG included.

Thank you for making my writing journey not a solitary one.

=)

13 comments:

  1. Yes, I've learned a lot from fellow authors over the years and I love the community that's developed.

    Keep swimming!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! High five, and kudos to us. What would we do without each other? We rock.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Like so many others, I continue to be surprised by how generous other writers are. By the same token, I try to pay generosity forward. No man is an island.

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Fool of a critic". See, you just slayed her with your own clever words!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Other writers can be so wondrous. We're all in the same boat, aren't we? Swimming like Dory.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, well the key word there was "famous" author. Some of them, I fear, consider themselves pretty lofty. It probably wasn't a YA author either, because they are almost all welcoming and community-oriented, even the big names.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Before I started blogging and publishing, I thought authors were selfish and wouldn't help each other out, but I was pleased to learn that was false. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I share the same insecurity as you - and yes! that Dory quote is perfect. We just have to keep going, and thankfully, we have a great community of writers to help us. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Coming from the art world, I've been pleasantly surprised by the supportive nature of writers and bloggers as opposed to visual artists.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Once upon a time, I thought writing was a solitary journey too, but I love this writing community. I don't know what I'd do without them! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh I love Dory and her "keep swimming" attitude!! I always think of her when I get discouraged too. And you are so right about how writers are so wonderful to each other. It's really amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have to agree with you Liz. The writing community is amazing in how supportive it is of one another.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I had to turn on the word verification due to spammers. Sorry for the inconvenience.