Wednesday, May 21, 2014

My Writing Process Blog Tour

I was given the torch by the awesome Catherine Stine. Catherine writes YA as Catherine Stine and NA fiction as Kitsy Clare. She also teaches creative writing. Head over to her website at http://www.catherinestine.com for info.  
 
 
 My Writing Process
 
It begins with... 
 
 

A nightmare. I wish I could say I dream of butterflies and unicorns but I write Dark fantasy/horror. There you go.
 
After an idea comes to me, I try to pluck it out of my head.
Ouch!
 


 
 
 After a few moments of head banging, talking to myself, brainstorming on notecards, tissue paper, or whatever is readily available, the soothing calm awakens the muse and I carefully guide her into my presence. It's at this point I see the scene I need to write first and everything starts to connect.
 


I write like there's no tomorrow. I am a strong believer of sucky first drafts.
 

 
After finishing the first draft, I celebrate...by crying. Yes. More work follows.


I am currently working on self publishing a YA Thriller. Sending it off to the editor soon. My work is very dark with a glint of hope. Always hope. I have always been drawn to the darker side of characters. Why is it that we tend to remember traumatic events but rarely times of peace? Why is it that although two people share the same experiences they view the world differently? These types of questions guide me when creating my world and characters. The lines between good and evil are not always what they seem. I put my character through the ringer to show the best, or worst, of who they are.


Next week check out  the awesome Tara Tyler.
 
Tara Tyler has had a hand in everything from waitressing to rocket engineering. After living up and down the Eastern US, she now writes and teaches math in Ohio with her three active boys and Coach Husband. Currently, she has two series, The Cooper Chronicles (techno-thriller detective capers) and Beast World (MG fantasy) She's an adventure writer who believes every good story should have action, a moral, and a few laughs!
 


10 comments:

  1. Ooh! A thriller? It sounds tantalizing. I hope you'll give me a shout when you make it to publication. I LOVE thrillers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to say, this is the most FUN "My Writing Process" blog I've seen!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It took me a while to figure out the gif thingy. )

      Delete
  3. holy cow that was funny with the pics! read your writing path and it was brilliantly and cleverly done!! glad to have found your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha! You celebrate by crying and dream up plot lines in your worst nightmares. A writer I can relate to!!!! Good luck on your YA thriller. I look forward to reading it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. lol...aren't we a hot mess. =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your answers, and the gifs match so well! Hehehe. A lot of my inspiration comes that way too, but I've always battled the monsters in my dreams.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You go girl. lol. I usually wake up scared as... =) I'm not brave even in my dreams.

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by! I had to turn on the word verification due to spammers. Sorry for the inconvenience.