Wednesday, May 7, 2014

IWSG- The Desolation of Chandara


Ahh...the dreaded "I" word.

I've been super busy lately and haven't given the time I should to this blog. I fear I've run out of anything interesting to say here. Twitter is easy. I talk about random things. 140 characters can only get you so far. Facebook is more about sharing resources and pictures with friends and family. Easy peasy. I even got an Instagram account. Pictures speak for themselves.

But a blog does take a lot of planning and time. I have to really think about the readers of the blog, their takeaway from it, other than I'm a complete nerd.  I don't want to let the blog go. I'm just stubborn that way. I started it as a way to share my successes and failures, to be accountable to do what I said I would 'cause it's "out there". I just need to get back to the groove. I will.

Any advice you'd like to share? Have you dropped out of the bloggersphere and survived?

8 comments:

  1. I don't think you would be forgotten. For me, blogging is a way of keeping up with friends' news and gaining some inspiration as well as supporting others. Every post doesn't have to be a philosophical essay. For me, I don't plan posts too much, I just say what is on my mind at the time and it's a way of having a discussion about that that I wouldn't get a chance to in real life. Not sure how helpful this ramble is, but I think if you stay true to yourself on the blog, you'll be fine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No advice to give, except what was given to me. I was told to blog everyday. I blog once a week. I have been working on my content and the look of my blog. However, I am not really a blogger per say, but I am working on my first novel. I agree with the other comment. I do not think you will be forgotten. Write what has meaning to you. If it means something to you, then it will probably mean something to others too. Sometimes a break gives you new insight and appreciation. .

    Best Wishes and Happy Blogging.
    Juneta at Writer's Gambit

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've dropped out and am trying to come back, at least once a week... we'll see how that goes. I hope to see you around more!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i blog less (except for a to z) like once or twice a week. this works out very well - more comments, more to say in each post... i think i may transition my blog into more of a newsletter, which is what it seems to feel like now. i hightlight other authors, talk about my progress, and participate in a blogfest or two here and there. no pressure! it's up to you - if you aren't getting much out of it, take a break - which means time for other things!

    i am still debating on the proposition you sent - i am taking a blog break myself this month to write my blog tour posts. after my book festival this weekend, i will let you know - thanks for asking me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I drop out practically monthly haha, it does require alot of planning, and thinking you cant just do a rushed post and let your standards go. But sometimes the random and the rushed are the best received :) Do what you like its your place, maybe try a summary post with an update showcasing some tweets and instagrams all in one post just to get routine in?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I post once a week now. I like blogging too much to stop, but I'm busy too. So, once a week, good compromise.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks! Some great suggestions. I'm going to try once a week, apart from promo posts. We'll see how that goes.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I had to turn on the word verification due to spammers. Sorry for the inconvenience.