Wednesday, February 5, 2014

IWSG



I'm excited!
I'm tired.
I'm thrilled!
I'm tired.
I'm motivated!
I'm tired.

It goes on and on and on...I'm tired of being tired.

Okay, let me collect my thoughts. **takes deep breath**

I decided to take the indie plunge. After publishing three books with a small press and doing some homework, I feel this is the right road to take for me. I have so many ideas in my head, so many written manuscripts that need editing, that I don't have the patience to pursue a dream I made up because I don't know why anymore.  Does that make sense?  It does to me. =)

I don't think I'll ever abandon the notion of having a business partner, which is what I see in an agent. But I'd like to be in control and choose who I want that business partner to be because it's best for me. I have to find my own way in the publishing world as it is now, not the way I thought it would be, not the way I dreamed it could be. 

And my muse won't let go of all the other stories brewing.

I know I have a lot of work ahead of me. But it's nice to know it's actually going to go somewhere other than the bottom of a slush pile. =)

14 comments:

  1. I've just done the indie publishing thing after doing the small publishing thing. It's interesting seeing the different ways they work, and it will be interesting to see how well the indie option works out for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you're about to enter an exciting time in your career. Best of luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is wonderful news!!! I'm excited for you! I've done both indie and small press. I must say the indie route is quite rewarding. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's awesome! It's so exciting. Good luck. I'm going to try my luck with a small publisher this year, but I'll still be self-publishing. It's so lovely we have the opportunity to do both. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is exciting! I see from your sidebar you're following some great blogs. I hope you find helpful resources on self-publishing. there's a lot out there so I think you can make informed decisions, especially since you have experience with small presses. Romance author Courtney Milan has some fantastic advice on her website (check her blog). She teaches courses through RWA about self-pubbing that are pretty intense and very helpful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! The writing community is so great in helping writers. Heading over to Courtney's blog.

      Delete
  6. Congratulations. Good luck in your new venture! It'll be exciting.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You're brave and I'm so impressed by your dedication and determination. I have the opposite problem. I have an agent but no high concept, earth-shattering, "I'm sure the Big 5 will want this" idea. I'm trying to coax one along, but I'm pretty sure it won't sell. *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww...don't think like that. Ever. It may not be your 2nd or 3rd book but it will happen. The one thing I love is that I still have my backlist. Eventually, it will happen. And as far as the "idea" who really knows what will take off. I still scratch my head sometimes with what's out there. =)

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by! I had to turn on the word verification due to spammers. Sorry for the inconvenience.