Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Love is in the Air Blogfest


Check out the rest of the posts starting here.

I've always been fascinated by the power of family, the strength of love and sacrifice. Frozen surprised me. It gave the meaning behind true love something more than "true love's first kiss." 

I chose this scene from Lover Awakened, book 3 of the Black Dagger Brotherhood series by JR Ward because it truly amazes.



Zsadist armed himself with care.
...

  When he went to dry off, he sensed that Phury had come into the bedroom and was moving around, though he couldn't see the male.
  "Phury...I was going to come find you before I left."
  With a towel under his chin, Z looked at his reflection in the mirror, seeing his new yellow eyes. He thought of the arc of his life and knew most of it was for shit. But there had been two things that hadn't been. One female. And one male.
  "I love you," he said in a rough voice, realizing it was the first time he'd ever said the words to his twin. "Just wanted to get that out."
  Phury stepped in behind him.
  Z recoiled in horror at his twin's reflection. No. hair. Scar down his face. Eyes flat and lifeless.
  "Oh, sweet Virgin," Z breathed. "What the fuck did you do to yourself...?"
  "I love you, too, my brother." Phury raised his arm. In his hand was a hypodermic syringe, one of the two that had been left for Bella. "And you need to live."

I still get chills when I read this. =)  I hope you enjoyed and stop by to read the rest of the bloggers favs.

3 comments:

  1. I got chills reading this too! Thanks for sharing it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have no idea what's going on, but that doesn't make it less creepy.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I had to turn on the word verification due to spammers. Sorry for the inconvenience.