Wednesday, November 6, 2013

IWSG & NaNoWriMo

 
 http://alexjcavanaugh.blogspot.com/p/the-insecure-writers-support-group.html
 
 
I am one of the 282,013 novelist attempting to write a novel in a month. This is my first time doing NaNo. I thought it would be easy. I was excited to write something new. I haven't written anything new, new in over a year. I've been revising and editing, but there's nothing quite like writing a first draft. I love it.

Yesterday, I experienced my first writing lag in five days. I had a long day at work and wanted to be a couch potato for the rest of the evening. But I didn't. With my brain feeling as if it were going to burst out of my eyeballs I sat behind the computer and wrote. And it felt really, really good. The story flowed nicely once I started seeing it in my head and I completed my goal.


 There's a million other things that has me worried this month. I'm running my first ever fundraiser at work. I sent a proposal for a larger space (donation) and am keeping my fingers crossed, also work related. My third novel, Bloodrose, will be released November 29th and I was so slumped about asking bloggers to help me out. But when I did, I was amazed at the response. Writers are so awesome!

But among all this other stuff, writing is for me. I went to bed satisfied. And that is a really nice feeling.

So to all you NaNo-mites out there. Don't give up! There are 282,012 of us out there to support you!


8 comments:

  1. I think for your first NaNo, you're doing really great! It's so hard, and you have so much else going on. I wish you good luck -- go NaNo-er! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woot! Good for you! Keep up the good work and here's to reaching the end of Nano a success.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's awesome on doing NaNo. I did it two years ago and was rewarded my second novel. You can do it! Woot!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Way to go on doing Nano! Your book comes out the day after I'm due to give birth. May your baby do well. Wishing you success!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Keep your head up and truck forward. (I already know you will, but I felt I should say it anyway.) Go get'em with NaNo!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Keep going! You're doing awesome, especially writing after such a long day at work. I'm doing NaNo, too - done it and won it a number of times, and even though it makes me crazy, I love it. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I had to turn on the word verification due to spammers. Sorry for the inconvenience.