Friday, October 4, 2013

The 13th Floor Complete Collection by Christine Rains

 
 
I'd like to welcome Vetis...kinda. Well, let me know what you think of him. 


– Vetis (1301)


If I'd known that the Marquis was hiding out on a protected floor of that building, I would've burnt it to the ground. It should've been my story, after all. I was the one who clawed my way up from the bowels of Hell to become a demon worthy of my Master's greatest honors. Well, I would've had them if that old has-been hadn't ruined my plans.

Hey, I still made history. Look at what I did to one of America's greatest cities! What? Carmine is a magnificent city. I don't care if you've never heard about it. I was the one that lit it up with flames. I blew up the town's famous fountain in the center. It was all me! Hundreds of people died that day, and even more in the aftermath. I'm proud of my work.

The old man never saw my greatness. He wasn't the brightest of demons, but not everyone can be as clever as me. The Marquis would've been welcomed back in Hell with grand fanfare, and I would've been the one to bring him back below. With his muscle and my brains, we could've done wonderfully horrible things together. Though, I really preferred the idea of taking his head and mounting it on a pike. Maybe add a wire to move his mouth and do a puppet show.

I just don't understand where a retired demon managed to find all that power. It's not possible. The Marquis should be in chunky little pieces. I hate him.

Please tell me that at least the vampire burned with the rise of the sun.
 




Title: The 13th Floor Complete Collection
Author: Christine Rains
Genre: paranormal romance
Release date: October 13th, 2013

Blurb:
Six supernatural tenants
Living in a haunted apartment building
On a floor that doesn't exist.

Six novellas telling their tales.

A retired demon acquires a price on his head.
A werewolf is hunted by her pack.
A modern day dragonslayer misses his target.
A harpy challenges Zeus for the soul of the man she loves.
A vampire is obsessed with a young woman he can't find.
A banshee falls in love with someone who's death she has seen in a vision.
And a sweet ghost must battle a primal monster to save them all.

All the stories take place at the same time intertwining their lives together on the 13th Floor.
Includes “The Shadow,” a bonus short story.
Goodreads: http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/18460150-the-13th-floor-complete-collection

Buy Links:
Amazon      B&N     KOBO    Smashwords   


Author Bio:

Christine Rains is a writer, blogger, and geek mom. She has four degrees which help nothing with motherhood, but make her a great Jeopardy player. When she's not writing or reading, she having adventures with her son or watching cheesy movies on Syfy Channel. She's a member of Untethered Realms and S.C.I.F.I. The 13th Floor series is her first self-published series. She has eight novellas and twenty-one short stories published.
Website: http://christinerains.net/
Blog: http://christinerains-writer.blogspot.com/
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/authorchristinerains
Twitter: https://twitter.com/@CRainsWriter
Goodreads: http://www.goodreads.com/author/show/4017568.Christine_Rains

13 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for hosting today, Elizabeth. Vetis does appreciate having a place to rant!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, Vetis has a fantastic voice! Congrats to Christine!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Vetis definitely has a voice and won't shut up! *LOL*

      Delete
  3. Puppet show! At least he has a sense of humor.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure if Marc would laugh at that joke! :) Thanks for stopping by, Alex.

      Delete
  4. Vetis is so full of himself LOL. Great villain and a fun post to read. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Julie! Vetis is one of my favorite villains to write.

      Delete
  5. Loved finding Vetis... so much fun.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, gosh, Vetis' point of view was way too amusing to read! Especially that line about the puppet show. Hah!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehehe! I'm glad you liked it, Heather! :)

      Delete
  7. Thanks for the post! I love villains. =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And thank you again for hosting me. Have a great week!

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by! I had to turn on the word verification due to spammers. Sorry for the inconvenience.