Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Epic Fail...and then some


After the death of google reader this is exactly how I felt...disconnected, disjointed, discombobulated (holy smokes! I spelled that right the first time...moving on). In short, I didn't know how to find everyone. I hated changing my ways. And I thought I would not be able to learn anything new.

I realized that ignoring the world I created (in my mind), didn't help me. I missed everyone. I missed Elana Johnson who always inspired me. I missed Tara Tyler's cute picture thingies. I missed Janice Hardy's writing posts. I missed Juliette Wade's world building posts.

I missed everyone. And writing my woes away didn't change that.

So Feedly here I come. For better or worse...or until I find something better. Ahem, anythings game in war and social media, right?

How have you kept up with your social media demands? Desperate minds want to know.

13 comments:

  1. I haven't been keeping up with mine very well. We're talking major overload. Gotta find a solution ... maybe I need to trim down more with my social media.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean. I need to balance myself or I'll go nuts.

      Delete
  2. Hmm, maybe I should try Feedly. Not sure. It seems like one more thing to suck away my time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's all a time suck. =) Feedly is actually pretty fast to get through. I just have to learn to sort the blogs somehow.

      Delete
  3. I'm using feedly, too. It's not too bad once you get used to the changes. I'm on Facebook more these days, though. I can see many peoples posts in there, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't follow a lot of blog buddies on FB. Maybe I should.

      Delete
  4. I never used Google Reader. As I joined blogs, I added their URLs to the "blog roll" gadget on my sidebar. I always look there for blogs to read. I honestly wasn't really sure what Google Reader was or where to find it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do what Dianne does, then as people post something new, it moves to the top of the list so I can check it out :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I added them in the sidebar. For some reason I had to do it manually. Tech hates me. =)

      Delete
  6. I just read this post on Feedly. It's great. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've had my issues keeping in touch since the death of G Reader. I bobble between Feedly and Bloglovin.

    ReplyDelete
  8. My poor blog had been neglected for over a month! I've been spending more time on twitter lately. But honestly been so busy, the whole social networking thing hasn't been quite a priority.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I had to turn on the word verification due to spammers. Sorry for the inconvenience.