Wednesday, September 4, 2013

IWSG

Join us here!

My second book comes out tomorrow! Yay! I'll be on tour revealing bits and pieces...sometimes whole chunks of myself to the world. Am I insecure? Yeah, you can say that. Throughout this wild ride that is publication Believing in Yourself is the most important thing that I've learned. I read somewhere that you should fake expertise when writing for a larger audience. You should act a part. 

I was never a good actor, or a good liar for that matter. I always believed the word bullshit sprouted on my forehead whenever I told a lie. I still do. Even if it's a lie I tell to myself. Even if it isn't a lie but I'm not really sure.

Now, I'm not sure about all this B/S. I fear that if you drown yourself in it, well, you're going to stink.  Where I'm I going with all this?  I have no clue. But I do know that part of being in the public eye relies on Believing in Yourself.

I believe...

  • ...I will always write.
  • ...I don't suck...not totally.
  • ...I define who I am.
  • ...I know what I'm doing, most of the time.
  • ...believing in yourself is a good thing.
  • ...being accountable for your work will make you a stronger person.
  • ...I don't have to be perfect.
  • ...people can smell B/S a mile away.
  • ...it's okay to be yourself. Or be a nicer version of yourself. =)
What do you believe?


8 comments:

  1. Your second book comes out tomorrow? Yay! Congrats!

    You know that old saying--fake it til you make it? That's kind of how I feel about the whole confidence thing. Eventually you start believing the messages you tell your brain every day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I believe that if i keep trying and never give up that one day my goals and dreams will come true!
    Congrats on the release of your second book tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!

      Not fulfilling your dreams is a sure thing if you give up. =)

      Delete
  3. Fantastic post! I start with the little things when I'm trying to build up my confidence. I believe I have original ideas and I believe I can write pretty well sometimes. I believe I make great chocolate chip cookies! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Little things get you where you need to be. And you can't go wrong with chocoloate chip cookies. =) Well, you can...but I won't tell you that story.

      Delete
  4. Yay for your book release!!!!!! That's awesome.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I had to turn on the word verification due to spammers. Sorry for the inconvenience.