Join us here!
My second book comes out tomorrow! Yay! I'll be on tour revealing bits and pieces...sometimes whole chunks of myself to the world. Am I insecure? Yeah, you can say that. Throughout this wild ride that is publication Believing in Yourself is the most important thing that I've learned. I read somewhere that you should fake expertise when writing for a larger audience. You should act a part.
I was never a good actor, or a good liar for that matter. I always believed the word bullshit sprouted on my forehead whenever I told a lie. I still do. Even if it's a lie I tell to myself. Even if it isn't a lie but I'm not really sure.
Now, I'm not sure about all this B/S. I fear that if you drown yourself in it, well, you're going to stink. Where I'm I going with all this? I have no clue. But I do know that part of being in the public eye relies on Believing in Yourself.
- ...I will always write.
- ...I don't suck...not totally.
- ...I define who I am.
- ...I know what I'm doing, most of the time.
- ...believing in yourself is a good thing.
- ...being accountable for your work will make you a stronger person.
- ...I don't have to be perfect.
- ...people can smell B/S a mile away.
- ...it's okay to be yourself. Or be a nicer version of yourself. =)