Thursday, August 29, 2013

Being Remembered


Yesterday started great. I had my one moment of fame and it felt inspiring. But as the day went on, it was all down hill from there.

There was a death in the family. Someone beautiful, full of life was abruptly taken from this world. I remember that she was the only one who could pull off wearing red lipstick. She had the roll your eyes thing to a science, and the deepest dimples. I often thought about poking them every time she smiled. And she smiled a lot.

Though I've heard phrases like live life to the fullest. Or the only guarantee we have in life is death. It doesn't quite sink in until someone you love passes away. Someone close to you. I was able to find a quiet moment to reflect, and I realized all the superficial crap doesn't matter in the end. What matters are the memories you leave behind in the people that love you.

I want to be remembered as a mom who cared. I want to have happy moments with my children so they remember it. I want to be remembered as the person who didn't give up on her dream. I want them to remember my smile, not my tears. I want to be remembered as a strong person but also kind.

But to be remembered that way I have to live it now. Not tomorrow.

So I say don't live your life to the fullest, live your life how you'd like to be remembered by those that love you.

R.I.P, Cuz.  I love you.



5 comments:

  1. So sorry for your loss sweet friend. We live on in how we touch anothers life. Our immortality is in the love we share. (Hugs) Indigo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I don't ever want to take that love for granted. =)

      Delete
  2. So sorry for your loss. These moments have a way of helping us clear through the clutter and remember what's really important.
    Glad you have those special memories. Treasure them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My sympathies to you and your family. This was a beautiful post. I want to be remembered in the same way as you do.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sorry for your loss, Liz. I think this is a beautiful post! You will be remembered as all those things I know :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I had to turn on the word verification due to spammers. Sorry for the inconvenience.