Friday, April 26, 2013

Friday, huh?

Time goes by so fast you've got to have a dream to just hold on. Okay, I borrowed that from Pia Zadora. Yeah, I'm an 80's child.

But time does whip by way too fast. This week had me slowly boiling in a kettle. I found out it is NOT easy being a parent of a teen. Yes, I had to nip that in the bud right away. Growing up Teen is not to be taken lightly. It actually was hard back then as well. As parents, I think we tend to forget that sometimes. But I remember. Oh, yeah. Been there, done that.

I keep thinking about Maslow's Heirarchy of Needs.


You want what??

Well, as a parent, I am guided by my sense of morality to make sure your basic needs are being met.  Hmm...Cell phone. Not
Locking yourself up in room. Nope, not there.
Having to put up with attitude...Nope, definitely not there.

All the "extra" stuff. Is EXTRA.

Okay...feeling so much better.

And for all you 80's teens. Let's go back to memory lane. =)







7 comments:

  1. I'm on the verge of having a teen- she's preteen- 12 in July. LOL I'm terrified.
    ~Summer

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have two more after this one. And the last one is the girl. lol.

      Delete
  2. I lived through my daughter's teen angst by a hair's breadth. JK. It's hard, kids fight to stretch their boundaries and as parents we're given the task of tugging the loose strings tight until our kids are ready for more responsibility. I can say from experience it does get better and they'll thank you for it some day. (Hugs) Indigo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. This is a normal stage of development. I know that. My heart has to keep up. =)

      Delete
  3. I just find, they are not dealing with the same things as us. I mean, facebook drama was not an issue for me growing up! So hard to know the right things to say sometimes. I finally just told her I was learning with her, to bear with me. lol. Best of luck!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I had to turn on the word verification due to spammers. Sorry for the inconvenience.