Saturday, February 16, 2013

The Magic Wakes blog tour

Banner 3


Getting to Know Major Landry Sutton

Welcome to the interview hour, where we dig into the minds of some of the newest characters in the world of books. Today we have the Prince’s hunky cousin Major Landry Sutton. He’s a Royalist officer, and I have to admit, he can keep me safe any time he wants. Here he comes now.

Major Sutton, welcome! Please have a seat and tell us what you can remember about your parents.

Landry: Thanks for having me here today. I don’t remember anything about my mother since she died while I was still a baby, but my father raised me until I was about seven. He was tall and strong and I thought he could fix everything.

What did your father want you to be when you grew up? Did you ever know what his expectations were?

Landry: Yes, he told me everyday what he expected of me. He hoped I would follow in his footsteps with the Royalists and protect my family and country. But more than that, he wanted me to always be true to myself and my beliefs. My father was an honorable man, and that’s what he wanted me to become.

What father doesn’t wish that of his sons? I believe he would be proud of you now. You’ve made your way through the ranks of the Royalist army and have the respect of the kingdom. Let’s talk about your mother again. She was the King’s sister and yet she chose to marry your father, who at the time wasn’t even a Royalist officer.

Landry: Yes. Was there a question in there?

*laughing* Of course. What kind of woman do you think your mother would want you to marry?

Landry: I’ll never know for sure, but going on her choices and what King Frederick has told me about her, I think she would want me to marry the love of my life, regardless of social status or other obstacles. She was willing to give up all that was required of her to do just that.

So, do you have a love of your life yet? And if not, what kind of woman might she be?

Landry: I really don’t have time for romance. As an officer there are many other concerns that occupy my time. It’s my job to keep the royal family safe and the people Algodova as well. If I ever do fall in love, I think she would be soft spoken, kind, and accomplished in social etiquette. She would need to be in order to function in the palace circles.

I’m sure the ladies will be lining up as soon as you’re ready. Let’s shift gears and talk a bit about your work. What is your area of specialty?

Landry: I have the standard Royalist training, but I excel in hand to hand combat, interrogation, profiling, and I’m not a bad shot either.

As an officer, are you willing to give up your life for King and country?

Landry: Of course. Being a Royalist isn’t a job for me, it’s my life.

Surely there are other aspects of life you enjoy? There must be times when you’ve done all you can do and you have to let it go. What do you turn to then to regain your peace?

Landry: First of all, I never give up. I don’t like lose ends. Period. And I find peace in a job well done, that’s when I know everyone is safe. On the rare occasions that I do take a break, I like to go to the Acaran Mountains.

A real man’s man then. Do you ever compromise?

Landry: *smiles* Sure I do, until I can find a way to get what I want. And I always get what I want.

I see. Well we’re almost out of time, so why don’t you tell us your greatest secret.

Landry: If I did that it wouldn’t be a secret now would it?

I see I can’t slip anything past you. Why don’t you answer this one instead? When you have nightmares, do bad things happen to you or do you do bad things to others?

Landry: *clenches his jaw then relaxes* I don’t dream often, and rarely remember them when I do. However, my living nightmares deal with the people I love being hurt, but not by me. My greatest fear is being powerless to protect them.

Yes, the ladies will be lining up for you. Thank you for taking the time to answer our questions today.


Cover
About the book
Talia has a secret, one that will save her world and yet rip it apart. Only she can decide if the price is worth it.
Scientist Talia Zaryn has always had visions of an alien invasion and of her own death. She’s kept it a secret, hoping they are nothing more than childish nightmares. But when her face in the mirror matches that of her dreams, she fears the dreams are prophetic. Talia must prove that life exists beyond their planet, Sendek; perhaps then people will prepare to fight.
Talia’s work at the Space Exploration Foundation leaves no time for personal relationships, but Major Landry Sutton isn’t looking for a friend. He’s looking for a traitor. His ability to sense emotions convinces him Talia is that traitor until a touch sizzles between them. In an instant their minds are connected and they can communicate telepathically. Just as the two begin to trust each other, the invading force arrives.
Talia and Landry must uncover the secrets of Sendek’s past if they hope to defeat these terrifying creatures. And Talia is the key—if only she can learn to trust the magic coursing through her veins.
About the author


Charity Bradford has been a voracious reader ever since her 5th grade teacher introduced her to the world of books with Where the Red Fern Grows and Summer of the Monkeys. She’s the mother of four kids that keep her on her toes, constantly reminding her that imagination still makes the world go round. She lives in Arkansas with her hubby and children, and firmly believes that a smile can solve most problems. The Magic Wakes is her first novel.

Facebook—https://www.facebook.com/CharityBradford.SendekSaga
Twitter—https://twitter.com/charitybradford
Blog—http://charitywrites.blogspot.com
Website—http://charitybradford.com



9 comments:

  1. When it comes to those in the military service, often there isn't time for anything else. That was true for my character as well.
    Good stuff, Charity!

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds like a prince! yay for charity!

    and thanks for guesting at my place yesterday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL, reading this made me laugh at the part where he said his love would be soft spoken and socially accomplished. Talia is the complete opposite of what he wanted.

    @Alex that's what I figured too. And then there is always that thought in the back of their mind that by loving someone else they put them in danger. Or at the very least leave them alone all too often with the looming fear of death.

    @Tara, thank YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for being here today and sharing Landry with us. **swoons**

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a good interview...love the cover too! Thanks for sharing girl!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a good interview...love the cover too! Thanks for sharing girl!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cool interview, and awesome cover --all the bets to Charity for the book!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I had to turn on the word verification due to spammers. Sorry for the inconvenience.