Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Indie Life and Blog Tour info

What is Indie Life?
How: Sign up on the Linky at the bottom.
When: Post on the second Wednesday of the month
What: Write anything indie related: something that will inspire or help a fellow indie; something that celebrates a release or a milestone; something that talks about the ups and downs, joys and heartaches of Being Indie.
Grab: The banner above to include in your posts!
Because being Indie doesn't have to mean going it alone.



I just love this group. There's a wealth of information to be learned here. I just read Addison Moore's post. If you haven't, go now and read it here.  Such an inspiration and so RELEVANT to the publishing business today.
 
The whole mind-set of either or. Get the agent or self publish...and anything in between. I consider myself Indie. I didn't self publish, but I went with a small press. So, yeah, I'm Indie.  Did I want an agent? Yes.  Do I still want one?  Depending on the work, maybe.  Could I have both an agent and Indie publish? YES! That is the beauty of it. That's why it's such a great time to be a writer. Options. We have options!  I'm not yelling, just excited.

What options have opened up for you in your writing journey?


And because I am in the middle of my blog tour... =)


I'm also over at:
 The Other Side of the Story - Community Street Teams
 Emily R. King - Be Inspired/Midlife crisis alert
Hope you can join me!
 
 
Here's the linky to the Indie Life Bloggers.

14 comments:

  1. I agree. There is no either/or. It should depend on the story and what you'd like for it. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes. Taking into consideration the market and your readers helps too.

      Delete
  2. Tweeted and shared this!

    Hugs and chocolate,
    Shelly

    Found you through the Indie Life.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. Thanks for having me. And don't forget to celebrate your special day. Even for a moment. =)

      Delete
  4. I love the way indie publishing has changed writer's options. And I think it's already having a huge impact on the way the publishing industry does business.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love all the options there are for writers! It's wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The way to publishing is so open now, yet there are still people who think self-publishing is vanity publishing. There are good indie books and bad indie books. There are also good and bad trad books.

    In many ways this is the perfect time to be writer,

    ReplyDelete
  7. yay! It sure is a great time to be a writer.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'll change on the bandwagon! It does feel like a great time to be a writer:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think it's awesome that there are choices out there now. A few years ago, there weren't really that many.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It is a fantastic time to be a writer. So many options. I love it that can I write what I want and have control over everything, and do it all in my own time.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Didn't realize you were on tour. Will catch up with you soon. Yes, it's a good time to be a writer.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I had to turn on the word verification due to spammers. Sorry for the inconvenience.