Wednesday, January 30, 2013

The Next Big Thing Blog chain

It's time for the Next Big Thing Blog chain! I was tagged by Anita Saxena. Thanks Anita!



1. What is the working title of your current book?
THE SECOND SIGN, will be released by Sapphire Star Publishing February 7th! Yay!

2. Where did you get the idea for that book?

My muse talks to me in the strangest ways. Dreams. After dreaming about an exploding demon in my kitchen, I jumped at the chance to write a scary, demon story.

3. What is the genre of the book? Dark YA Paranormal Romance

4. If you could pick actors to play the lead characters in your story, who would you pick?
Selena Gomez as Gabby. Jake...I'm not sure.

5. How would you describe your book in one sentence?
Gabby and Jake are swept into a series of murders involving demonic possessions and the fight for Gabby's soul.

6. How will your book be published--submitted through the traditional route to a traditional publisher, or will you be handling it yourself through indie publishing methods?
THE SECOND SIGN will be published by Sapphire Star Publishing, a small press publisher.

7. How long did it take you to write the first draft of this book?
It took me one month to write the first draft. As I am a firm believer of sucky first drafts, many revisions followed.

8. What other books within your genre are similar to yours?
If I could wedge it between two books I'd choose Anna Dressed in Blood by Kendare Blake, and Lord Loss by Darren Shan.

9. Who or what inspired you to write this book?
I wrote this book for myself, at first. But as I started brainstorming scenes with my son, I kept him in mind as I wrote it.


10. What about your book will pique the reader's interest?
My 16 yr old son answered this:

I really liked that the demons were really evil. The dark scenes held my attention and I cared what happened to the characters.


Thanks for stopping by! Make sure you visit the very talented Tara Tyler's blog next week where she'll keep The Next Big Thing blog chain going.
 

9 comments:

  1. congratulations on the release of your novel! I must say it's an excellent read. Also, I'm jealous of your ability to draft in a month.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!
      Ahem, remember "sucky" first draft. I love those. =)

      Delete
  2. One month is crazy fast! But I know all about the revision process :) Sounds really interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds great! I too do many revisions!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Revisions is where the work begins for me. =)

      Delete
  4. i am so excited to read this! esp after your son's comment!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tara! He is quite a character. =)

      Delete
  5. It's a great book! I love that you were inspired by a dream. My dreams are big for ideas too.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I had to turn on the word verification due to spammers. Sorry for the inconvenience.