Wednesday, January 2, 2013

IWSG--Welcome 2013!



Welcome 2013!!

It's that time again for the Insecure Writers Support Group post. Yay for 2012!

I've had quite a few failures--I lost my job in 2012. I queried...and you know how that goes.

But then in May something terrifying happened. I got a positive response from a small publisher interested in my Dark YA Paranormal Romance. And the rest, well, it's still in the making.

Throughout the process from acceptance to publication (Feb. 7, 2013), I've anchored myself to the reason why I started writing in the first place. And this has kept me sane.

I didn't write for fame or fortune.
I didn't write for agents and publishers.
I didn't write for the public.
I didn't write for my family.
I wrote for me. I was the only one in that room typing away my dreams, my fears, my imagination.

And when you strip everything else away, that's the only thing that matters.

And as long as I believe in myself, I will continue to write.

So bring it on!


26 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear of a job lost, that is the hardest when its your bread and butterd. But it looks like you upgraded to jam on said bread with your book! Hope it turns out for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like 2012 had its ups and downs. I know 2013 will be fabulous for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How great to hear - you wrote for you - and are being published! How awesome. Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bring it on indeed! Really loved this post. :-) You're absolutely correct in that you can't write for anyone but you, at least not when you're creating a story.

    This is my second month in the IWSG and I'm trying to get to know everyone, and was very glad to have clicked over here.

    Best of luck in 2013!

    EJ

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great post! I'll bet you can't wait until February!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good luck! And you're welcome to promote on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like that you write for you! I think we all need to do more of that. As Eleanor Roosevelt said, “Do what you feel in your heart to be right – for you’ll be criticized anyway.”

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks EJ.

    Jess, welcome back! Feb. I can't even think about it. =)

    Beth, I'll be in touch. =)

    I love that quote. So true. So true. Thanks everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like you had a few tough moments, but 2013 will be your year!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes! We write for us and that means happiness. We're gonna rock 2013!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks Ciara.
    Charity, Yes! We will rock. =)

    ReplyDelete
  12. and good luck on the job/sales fronts!

    heres to a successful 2013!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm sure Feburary can't come fast enough for you! Congrats!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yay Tara! Looking forward to it.
    Thanks, Ink. =)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm thrilled for you, Chandara. Losing your job probably wasn't what you had in mind, but I suspect it may have happened for a reason. At least that's the way I choose to look at it. I had a few disappointments in 2012 too, but that's as far as I'm willing to focus on them.

    Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't focus on it either. Looking ahead and moving forward. :)

      Delete
  16. 2013 will be your best year yet! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Looking forward to your book release. Completely awesome and totally deserved. Great post! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks =) I hope so.
    Thanks David. =)

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm so excited to read The Second Sign, I wish you lots of success for 2013!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Congratulations! You have to do it for yourself!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I had to turn on the word verification due to spammers. Sorry for the inconvenience.