Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Indie Life

 
Starting today, the Indelibles will be hosting a monthly feature called INDIE LIFE. Modeled after Alex Cavanaugh's awesome Insecure Writer's Group, this will be a chance for indie authors to post about indie life, find each other, offer support, encouragement, news, helpful hints, and anything else that makes life as an indie author a little easier.

What is Indie Life?
How: Sign up on the Linky at their page
When: Post on the second Wednesday of the month (starting TODAY 1/9/2013)
What: Write anything indie related: something that will inspire or help a fellow indie; something that celebrates a release or a milestone; something that talks about the ups and downs, joys and heartaches of Being Indie.
Grab: The banner above to include in your posts!


Where to begin, where to begin...my debut comes out next month and I've leapt out of La-la land and plunged into reality fairly quickly. It's been busy with promotions, writing blog posts, making sure everything is ready for the launch that I haven't been able to celebrate yet. I mean, like, really celebrate. A movie, a dinner...something would be nice.

Sometimes, I feel as if I'm alone. There are no filters between me and what's out there--reviews, the changing world of publishing, and everything else I have to learn.

But then I come across wonderful people like my great critique partner, Anita, who I spoke with, like, on the phone spoke with, when I got that call.  And folks like SA Larsen whose WS4U facebook page and blog inspires. And, of course, groups like Insecure Writer's Support Group and the Idelibles (links above).

I realize that I'm not alone. And that's good to know.

About me:
My debut THE SECOND SIGN will be released February 7, 2013. I run a household full of kids and a man-kid. I can't cook to save my life. What does salt to taste mean anyway? I love to dance with my four-year-old though I did pull something last time I danced with her. Okay...'nuff said.

17 comments:

  1. I have my moments where I feel I am alone, too. The only writing friends I have are ones I've come across on the internet, so unless I'm signed into email or Yahoo Messenger, it can be a really lonely road. Glad you have found people to walk the road with you! And yes--IWSG is such a life saver. PS--thanks for the follow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so proud of you Liz! You are such an inspiration! *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Best of luck with your release. The cover is really beautiful. I'm an aspiring indie author who keeps falling just short of the mark so I salute your efforts!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck with your release, Liz-I would be happy to feature your book on my blog soon.
    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  5. randi, thanks. I'm glad to have found like minded folks in la-la land. =)

    Susan, Thanks!

    Anita, well, you know. You are awesome!

    M.J., the road can be long and hard, but it's such a great time to be an artist. The medium to which you get to your readers has changed. It's just exciting! I'm sure you'll get there.

    Catherine, thanks! I'll be sending you an email. =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. There is so many ideas out there telling you how to do the work after you sign a contract. It's hard and we all stumble through it. I'm not sure I'm any better at it now than I was with my first book.

    ReplyDelete
  7. No, you aren't alone, there's a big supportive writer and reader community (plus some inevitable trolls). Drop me a line when your book comes out and I'll put it in my regular Reader News feature.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations on your upcoming release! It's going to be amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. how exciting! I'll post a pic of your book with a link to buy on my blog :)

    Any interest in doing an interview?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks Marcy! I'll email you. =)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful to meet you! Best of luck with your release! I just followed your blog, so when I see the news I'll be sure to share it with my social networks. I love your cover. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Indie Life sounds cool! Congratulations on your release.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm so excited for your release! You can do it :) And you are not alone. The writing community we have here is amazing. I've never felt like I belonged more than I do now.

    -K8
    http://froze8.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I had to turn on the word verification due to spammers. Sorry for the inconvenience.