Saturday, January 26, 2013

Rest is good.

I love it when the imagination stirs and I can write for hours. Time speeds up and I don't even notice. It feels real good to just let the words flow on the page. That's when I know I'm well enough to keep working.  I've been sick these past couple of days and forcing myself to write felt like forcing a round peg into a square hole. Wasn't working. And worse, I felt guilty. I fell behind. And kept thinking about all the things I had to do while trying to let my body get better.

Totally not good. It wasn't good for my body. It wasn't good for my mind-set. Everyone needs sick days. Like real sick days. Not guilty-I-gotta-keep-working-anyways sick days.

In hindsight, I realized that.

So if you're sick, stay at home, in bed, out of the office. Rest. Drink plenty of water. Your muse will be there waiting for you when you get better.

3 comments:

  1. I wish more people would listen to your advice. Right now half of my office is hackin' all over the place! Feel better!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I had to turn on the word verification due to spammers. Sorry for the inconvenience.