Friday, November 9, 2012

The Next Big Thing... I've been Tagged!


I was tagged by Vicky Walters as The Next Big Thing. Yay! 



In accepting this award, I have to answer questions about my novel and then tag five other up and coming writers. Yay! Here we go.

What is the title of your Work in Progress?  The Second Sign. It's actually done and will be released February 7, 2013.

Where did the idea come from for the book? The original idea came from a dream. Yes, I have a lot of weird dreams and have a dream journal near my bed.

What genre does your book fall under? Dark YA Paranormal Romance

Which actors would you choose to play your characters in a movie rendition?


As Gabby


Jake

Pat


What is a one-sentence synopsis of the book? After Gabby refuses to give her soul to a demon she learns that Jake, her almost boyfriend, is the key to her salvation, but they both have to make a choice that will change their lives forever.

Will your book be self-published or represented by an agency? It will be published through a small press publisher.

How long did it take you to write the first draft of the manuscript? One month.

What other books would you compare this story to in your genre? I would see it on the shelves with Lauren Kate's Fallen and Kimberly Derting's The Body Finder.

Who or what inspired you to write this book? I had a few scenes in my head when I started writing and the rest of it seemed to just connect as I started looking into the darker side of fate and love. It really just evolved. It's hard to explain.

What else about your book might pique the reader’s interest? The story hovers between the darker side of nature and the resilient side of hope. 

So here are my five up and coming writers I'd like to tag. Check out their awesomeness. =)

Tara Tyler
Natasha Hanova
Laura Diamond
Jadie Jones
Marilyn Almodovar

9 comments:

  1. Nice choice on the actor for Pat. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL. Paul is kinda old, but think of him younger. =)

    Thanks for your comments.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So ready to get my hands on this book! Thanks for tagging me. I've participated in a similar meme.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Natasha. I tried linking folks who haven't been tagged. =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am VERY intrigued. Especially about the darker side of nature... Can't wait to read this one! Thank you for tagging me! That made my day. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. thanks for tagging me! i love your answers! especially your choice for pat!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So cool your premise came from a dream! I have crazy dreams, too, but they sure are interesting :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I had to turn on the word verification due to spammers. Sorry for the inconvenience.