Monday, November 5, 2012

Giving Thanks..A blog hop


Tara and Vikki are hosting a giving thanks bloghop. For info check out Tara's blog here
Yay! I love the badge too. Isn't it soooo cute.

I am to thank anyone who has helped me along the journey to publication.  A few people come to mind, but I have to start with my sisters Judy and Edith, and my brother-in-law, Enrique (Pece). After I saw my cover for the first time I actually sent them an email thanking them so much for their support and encouragement. This is what I sent them. I want to share it with you guys because this has meant so much to me. They have meant so much to me. And I can't thank them enough.
As I sit here crying while looking at the final version of my book cover, I can't stop thinking how I wouldn't be here if it wasn't for you guys.  Yes, I probably would have been writing, but to get the courage to submit out to the world was scary and I wasn't sure if I was good enough. I'm still not sure if I'm good enough, but I'm out there anyway...because of the strength and encouragement of you guys!  Pece, Edith, and Judy...thank you sooooo much.  For believing in me when I didn't believe in myself. It means sooooo much to me and I will never forget it. 
And I haven't forgotten about Shadow.  I will go back to it someday and publish that one too. Even if I only have three fans. =)
Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.
Edith, Judy, and Pece were my first fans. They braved my first manuscript, Shadow, an epic fantasy that I still have filed away and one day will revise and submit out to the world.  I am blessed to have them in my life. 

22 comments:

  1. Lovely way to thank your CP's, Liz!

    ReplyDelete
  2. awww! so precious! i need to call my sister right now!

    thanks, elizabeth! and i'm thankful for your first supporters too or i wouldnt have gotten to meet you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This post made me all teary-eyed! So proud of you, Elizabeth! And the cover is gorgeous...

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great way to thank your CPs! They sound wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay!!! A lovely post.

    And yes, that badge is UBER ADORABLE!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very heartwarming, Elizabeth. It sounds like you have a very large and supportive family.
    Happy early Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great thank you to your CP's and fans!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely heartwarming thank you. Thank you for joining in the bloghop!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Having someone (or multiple someones) to give you courage to get your writing out there is a must. Writing a book is so scary and we all need cheerleaders. Glad to see you have 3 awesome ones.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a wonderful way to thank your critique partners. They sound awesome. You are one fortunate writer.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those first fans and first readers are the best, aren't they? Great post!

    Stopping by from the Thankful Blog Hop!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful way to thank your first supporters!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I filed away my first few novels, too. Congrats on the book coming out! Woot!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congratulations on your book!! And having such great fans!!

    I'm a new follower btw. It's very nice to meet you.:)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Aww, that's a great email that you sent them! You gotta believe in yourself, before anything! Lots of good supporters around here! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Aren't family members the best? Even if what you write is terrible, they will always be your number one fans!

    New follower :)

    Sam
    Writing Through College

    ReplyDelete
  17. Aw that's so sweet! Having people who believe in you is priceless!

    ReplyDelete
  18. First books can be so extremely scary. =) I just revised my second and have it on requests. I'm going to be watching your experience with Sapphire Star. They seem like a good publishing option.

    ReplyDelete
  19. That is so sweet! Such a wonderful way to thank your CPs!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thanks everyone. It's great to have such a wide network of support. =)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I had to turn on the word verification due to spammers. Sorry for the inconvenience.