Friday, October 12, 2012

Happy Friday!

I have been super busy this week preparing for the cover reveal for my debut The Second Sign.  Come back Monday to check it out. Yay!

 Some things I have learned as a result...

The writing community is just awesome! I'll be thanking loads of people who stepped up to the plate last minute.

I am not as organized as I thought.  Be specific when creating databases and lists so you don't, um, send out an email twice...sorry Vicky. =)

Remember that there are some folks who don't view blogs and websites on a regular basis. Try a newsletter..hint, hint...I just added a newsletter sign up if anyone wants to receive updates. I also sent the link to the sign up form to my personal listserv as an FYI, threatened family, and sent out a trial run. I'm on target.  Humility is out the window. This is it. Ready or not, here I come.

Since I usually provide you with a link on Friday, I'm going to provide you with this one at Anthony Rapino's blog because it reminded me not to forget to be me...even after publication. It's a great post.

7 comments:

  1. Thanks for the newsletter suggestions! I'll be back to see your cover :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm going to take all your tips!!
    see you tues!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So many exciting things in the works for you! It's so hard to stay organized with things when there's so much going on!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A newsletter is a great idea. I think my family would prefer it to coming to my blog often.

    I can't wait to see your cover!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just signed up for the newsletter! And you're right: the writing community is awesome. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks, Jess. I'm so nervous

    Tara, yes, I can't wait to "talk" =)

    Elana, Thanks for passing by! I learned a lot from the writing community. =)

    Emily, yeah, for the most part my family's not on line. The newsletter was great to connect with them and for the community at large.

    Thanks for signing up, Christine. =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Getting publicity is not always easy. Best of luck! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I had to turn on the word verification due to spammers. Sorry for the inconvenience.