Friday, September 28, 2012

The dreaded "B" Word

The dreaded B word. It involves learning humility, patience, and stemming fear. At least for me, it was.  The shock of it. Asking authors to praise your work. Okay, you don't say it that way, but that's what it feels like.

Obtaining the Blurb.

It isn't necessary, but wouldn't it be nice to have...let's say Stephen King on the cover quoted saying wonderful things about your book? Ahem, he doesn't accept requests. I checked. Hey, it doesn't hurt to check, right?  Anyways...here are a few links I found regarding the wonderful world of blurbs.

Enjoy!

PubRants..The Art of Blurb Request

7 Keys to Getting Book Blurbs...Creative Marketing Solutions

The Blurb Request ...The Kill Zone

Nathan Bradford on The Fine Art of Getting Blurbs


Have a great weekend!

8 comments:

  1. Hmm...this is an interesting subject. I think I'll have to explore it a bit more.

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. more useful info! thanks! never thought about where praise blurbs came from!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Checking these out NOW! Thanks so much. You always provide the goods when I need them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Blurb--ARGH! ;)

    Thanks for the links!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm right behind you, pub sister! ;) Thanks for the links!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm glad it helps.

    Laura, I'm with you on this one. =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'll have to check out these links. Thanks for sharing them!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I had to turn on the word verification due to spammers. Sorry for the inconvenience.