Friday, September 7, 2012

Friday Round up

Happy Friday!!

There have been a lot of great things happening. I'm giving a creative writing workshop today at a teen center. Yay!  Wish me luck.  I am not going to fall on my face. I am not going to cry. I am not going to be eaten by four feet little...  Okay, maybe they're bigger than that nowadays. Do you know that I actually didn't become a teacher because I was afraid of a class full of three-year-old's? I had to do an art project, hands on, and, well, they scared me. I think I'm over it.

Anyway, I got tons of info I found on twitter (retweets). Shameless plug if you want to follow. And...I started paying attention to my facebook author page. Another shameless plug, if you want to like... http://www.facebook.com/elizabetharroyo.author

Oh, hashtag to check out. #Maass.  Donald Maass, agent and author of some great craft books, gives tips on writing.

Have a great weekend everyone!





12 comments:

  1. oh I think you are incredibly brave much more so than me and I will def be interested in following you on twitter and liking your authors page, have a good weekend. love and hugs Joss xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Best of luck hosting your workshop! I'm sure you'll do great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck with the workshop. I hate public speaking.

    Happy Friday :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just liked your page. You look so different with glasses on!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the well wishes. I already went through my plan with my 3 yr old. She gave me a thumbs up.

    Lydia, That picture is actually the most recent I have. This one, on my blog, is, um, really old. lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm a ya author too, though unpublished just yet. I can't imagine getting up in front of a class or an audience for that matter but who knows, someday...

    ReplyDelete
  7. hope all went well! let us know! & have a fantastic weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Funny thing, I dropped out of the teaching program for the same reason! Only I was afraid of the bigger kids! Now all I have is my mostly useless history degree. Good luck with your workshop!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hope the workshop was a lot of fun...I bet you rocked it!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good luck with your workshop :)

    -K8
    http://froze8.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks everyone. I survived to tell the tale. =)

    ReplyDelete
  12. That's great! I'm happy that it went well. Have a wonderful week. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I had to turn on the word verification due to spammers. Sorry for the inconvenience.