Wednesday, September 12, 2012

A Daisy Award

I won the Daisy Award from Vicky Walters over at Victoria Writes. Thanks Vicky!


Look how pretty it is.

The rules for this award are:
1.) Thank the person who nominated you.  Thanks Vicky!!! If you are not following Vicky, you should be. 

2.) Tell your readers 7 unusual things about yourself.  Unusual, hm... Weird. Okay...I can do weird. Here goes...
  • I talk to myself when I'm driving. It's really the only "me" time I have. Yeah, drivers give me that look. At least it's better than picking your nose in your car as if no one can see you. Eww...
  • I believe in ghosts. I lived in a haunted apartment when I was younger. I believe. 
  • I love the smell of the bookstore. Love the smell of the crisp, clean, pages of a new book. Okay, maybe that's not weird to y'all writers, but tell that to my family. I'm weird.
  • I snort when I laugh. I don't mean too...really. 
  • I haven't grown out of the "stare into space" syndrome. The bad thing is that I am thinking of absolutely nothing...nothing at all. And it feels good. 
  • I can't play Xbox to save my life. For some reason, my hand-eye coordination sucks, especially when trying to survive a swarm of locusts on my tail. Yeah, no good.
  • And finally, when I sign my surname it looks like a heart. My son was called on it by his teacher in school. "Okay, who's parent draws hearts on their signature?" the teacher had asked. Needless to say, my son wanted to crawl under his desk. No, I am not in love with his teacher. Really.

3.) Nominate some worthy bloggers.
I nominate the following bloggers...
Marcy @ mainewords


12 comments:

  1. I am the same on 1-5.

    As far as X box goes, I haven't tried it, but if it's anything like WII I'll never be able to control it, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i sing my heart out when i drive =)
    and what a cute signature! i'd love to see it!

    thanks for the cute award!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also believe in ghosts and have lousy hand/eye coordination.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I believe in things that go bump in the night too.

    Congrats on your award!

    ReplyDelete
  5. thank you, Chandra :) It IS a pretty daisy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. hahaha! I talk to myself while driving too. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on the award and thank you for passing it on. I'm with you on 2, 3, and 4. I stare out in space a lot too, but my brain never shuts up. Makes it hard to go to sleep at night!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks! Glad to know I'm not the only oddball. =)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am so glad that I am not the only person who talks to herself.

    www.modernworld4.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for taking part! I love that your signature is like a heart, very cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. We seem to have a lot in common! :)

    I've never met a ghost, yet, but I have met many people who have encountered them - people I consider completely sane, in case you're wondering - so I believe, too!

    I have to stop myself from talking to myself wherever I go for fear people will think I'm crazy, but sometimes thinking out loud helps me concentrate better.

    My teachers always said I'd do better in school if I didn't daydream and stare out the window all the time. I still do it. Part of being a writer, I guess! :)

    I'll bet your signature is cute with hearts! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I had to turn on the word verification due to spammers. Sorry for the inconvenience.