Wednesday, June 27, 2012

It is what it is


Enlightenment comes when we least expect it, but we have to pay attention. Yesterday, my 3 yr old daughter reminded me of the simplest of things.

“I love chocolate milk. It tastes like…” she paused, her brow furrowed in her own way of deep thought until finally her eyes sparkled as she caught the word she was looking for. “It tastes like chocolate.”

Though we may grapple for the right word, the right phrase, the right expression oftentimes the simplest is best. And I have to agree with her.

Chocolate milk tastes like chocolate.



8 comments:

  1. Hehehe! I think tasting like chocolate is the best thing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love their simplicity sometimes. That was so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with both of you. :-)

    Sometimes we just work too hard for the right word, and when we get carried away our writing suffers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm with your daughter; I like chocolate milk too :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute post. So true. I teach summer camps, and it's amazing how honest and adorable kid responses are.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Too cute!! And I agree--sometimes the simplest is the best. With some chocolate milk :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. So true! Sometimes we worry using a particular word is cliche, but when we struggle to find a "better" word, it's like trying to make the wrong puzzle pieces fit.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gotta love life's little revelations. :D

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I had to turn on the word verification due to spammers. Sorry for the inconvenience.