Monday, May 14, 2012

Random Act Of Kindness BLITZ!

A smile. An encouraging word. A thoughtful gesture. Each day people interact with us, help, and make our day a bit brighter and full. This is especially true in the Writing Community

Take a second to think about writers you know, like the critique partner who works with you to improve your manuscript. The writing friend who listens, supports and keeps you strong when times are tough. The author who generously offers council, advice and inspiration when asked.

So many people take the time to make us feel special, don't they? They comment on our blogs, re-tweet our posts, chat with us on forums and wish us Happy Birthday on Facebook.


Kindness ROCKS!

To commemorate the release of their book The Emotion Thesaurus, Becca and Angela at The Bookshelf Muse are hosting a TITANIC Random Act Of Kindness BLITZ. And because I think KINDNESS is contagious, I'm participating too!



I am blitzing Anita over at Anita's Edge. After I realized I needed help with my manuscript, I started looking for critique partners. I wanted to settle down. I wanted a marriage. But...if anyone knows me, it's soooo hard for me to ask for help. After sucking in my fear, I sent a few emails to folks looking for critique partners and Anita was one that responded. And, I am so blessed to have found her. We've been "together" for over a year and I have learned to ask for help because she is so awesome. I've sent her crazy emails of excitement when I get a request, and depressing emails when I need to cry. And she responds almost immediately and just knows what to say to keep me sane. After Anita, I was able to find two other awesome talented critique partners. But, you know, there's nothing quite like the first. So, I offer Anita this token of appreciation (forthcoming via email) for reminding me that their are awesome people out there willing to give of themselves without asking for anything in return.

Thank you Anita! You Rock! 

 So, all you wonderful bloggers out there, go check out her blog, Anita's Edge, and give her some love.

Do you know someone special that you'd like to randomly acknowledge? Don't be shy--come join us and celebrate! Send them an email, give them a shout out, or show your appreciation in another way. Kindness makes the world go round. :)

Becca and Angela have a special RAOK gift waiting for you as well, so hop on over to The Bookshelf Muse to pick it up.

Have you ever participated in or been the recipient of a Random Act Of Kindness?  Let me know in the comments!

20 comments:

  1. Critique partners are the best friends ever, aren't they? Shh... I now send out the newly written chapters of my WIP to my crit partners before I print them out for my husband. Sometimes that causes awkward moments at home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you found such a wonderful CP! CPs are so important and can make amazing friends!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's awesome you found such a great critique partner. They are so important to improving writing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this post on kindness. I have truly been blessed by a number of wonderful writers both online and in person. My critique partners are among the best. I think I'll take your suggestion and post a RAOK sometime this week. Thanks, Elizabeth!

    ReplyDelete
  5. you're a pretty aesome cp yourself!
    i like that blitz! might have to do one!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great blitz! Where would we be without our critique partners?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great idea! Hurray for random acts of kindness - and crit partners! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. A good CP is worth their weight in gold!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats, Anita! And thanks, Chandara/Elizabeth ;), for spreading the love. Where would any of us be without critique partners?

    Becca @ The Bookshelf Muse

    ReplyDelete
  10. What an awesome choice!!!

    I've enjoy RAOK and the chance to meet bloggers I wasn't following before. :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. You're a pretty awesome cp yourself Liz :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love RAOK. I saw it for the first time yesterday. What a great concept. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Crit partners rock!

    And thanks Vicky and Tara you guys make my job so easy by being such awesome writers. =)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love this RAOK. It has brought me in contact with many more bloggers and one message seem to run common - Critique Partners are essential for successful writing. I am on the look out for one. Congrats Anita

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yay RAOK!

    I know exactly what you mean, I'm still very uncomfortable asking people for help or sending them emails about my mental state. I know in my head I'm not bothering them, but sometimes it's hard to really believe it.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Liz! I am speechless and honored that you would write such kind things about me! I feel blessed to have you as a critique partner. It's nice to know I have someone rooting for me and willing to give me honest and constructive criticism. I am so thankful that we get to share this writing journey together.
    *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  17. I am honored to have have mentioned by my critique partner, Dianne, on her blog. I think I'll have to devote a post to her one of these days :)

    Critique partners are AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love this blitz. It's fantastic! My post for it will be up tomorrow, but I was surprised by another blogger who gave me a generous gift. Totally made my Monday! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I had to turn on the word verification due to spammers. Sorry for the inconvenience.