Thursday, May 3, 2012

Dust it off Bloghop

The first day, May 3rd: We want you to post a 1-2 sentence pitch (Great way to practice pitches) about the shelved WIP.

The second day, May 5th: Post your favorite excerpt (300-350 words)

The third day, May 7th: Post what you learned from this WIP. You become a stronger, more rounded writer which each manuscript and we want to know what this particular work taught you.

With Prizes!! Check it out.


So here's my pitch. I actually never wrote one for this particular manuscript, so I had to come up with one on the fly.  Here goes...

Shadow of the Two Kingdoms --Classic Fantasy

A mysterious army preceded by a dragon successfully invades Vengarion and assumes control of the lands. But when rumor has it that this new king seeks a weapon, the true heir has no choice but to protect it, though he'd like nothing more than to rid himself of the highly volatile, unstable woman.

There it is.  In all its...rawness.

Watcha think? 'Cause you know I just dusted it off... =)

22 comments:

  1. Heh, heh. A weapon that is a woman. That could lead down so many roads. Great and intriguing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. Is it easy to switch between contemporary and fantasy. I've never attemped anything that's heavy into fantasy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Charity.

    Suzi, I just tried answering your question and realized it was a whole post! LOL. I'll write about it on Monday. Thanks for giving me something to write about. =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah! I love it. What a great idea! Okay, that's a good pitch.

    ReplyDelete
  5. And another reason why women are so valuable. I loved the pitch. Got my attention!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL, love it! Great twist at the end that I didn't expect!

    ReplyDelete
  7. is she also the dragon? so many possibilities!
    i could use a good fantasy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The end is what really gives it its punch.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Niiice. Sounds fun to me! :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. There needs to be more dragons. I love dragons. They are just so cool.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fantasy isn't usually my thing, but the idea of an unstable woman as a weapon is definitely intriguing. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous pitch. I do love the twist of the weapon as a woman!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That's awesome~ the weapon is a woman??? Too cool. Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I like the twist at the end--that the weapon is actually a person!

    ReplyDelete
  15. It reminds me of the Enchanted Forest Chronicle a bit, mostly the second book in the series. That's a good thing. The final book in that series was the first one I ever read in one sitting.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I absolutely love that the weapon he has to protect is an unstable woman. And because I'm a romantic at heart I'm going to guess there is lots of chemistry. I have so many thoughts and questions. I'm really looking forward to your excerpt.

    ReplyDelete
  17. What an intriguing pitch! If I read that on the back of a book, I'd be tempted to add it to my To-Be-Read list!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I had to turn on the word verification due to spammers. Sorry for the inconvenience.