Wednesday, April 11, 2012

A rude awakening

As the spark began to dim, I stood and watched.
As I heard the absoluteness of finality, I listened.
As the realization dawned on me that I had vested a fool’s hope, I cried.

When I processed the information, I began to believe.
When I allowed the negative energy to expend itself, I breathed.
When I challenged myself to let the words flow, I wrote.

But all the while those unspoken words buried themselves inside me wherever pain goes when there is no place for it on the outside.

I had a vision.
I had hope.
I had passion.
I had a mission.
I had focus.
And it felt good.


As I sat listening to the powers at be unable to draw a compelling story to keep the organization I work for afloat, words stuck in my throat and I inwardly cursed that I couldn't speak out. I don't think it would've made a difference, but at least I would've been able to be free of those words. Instead, I wrote. The above came from that writing spree. 

I know in my heart that I will feel good again. I will restore my vision, my hope, my passion. But for now, I think it's okay to let go of those words. It is the pathway to healing.

10 comments:

  1. Beautiful sentiments. Letting go is a healing power in of itself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those beautiful words are amazing. Healing, I hope, for you. Sorry for what happened at work. It sounds horrible.
    (hugs)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Letting loose the words within can often have the power to heal. I hope whatever wounds you have will vanish quickly, now that the pain has been expressed a little. Take care. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! A powerful poem! I hope it works out and puts you in a better place than before the problems began.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely words. I know things will be brighter for you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so sorry. I hope things work out for you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful words. Even though I don't know what happened, I find myself relating to the words in my own way.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I had to turn on the word verification due to spammers. Sorry for the inconvenience.