Wednesday, April 18, 2012

A nice surprise

First, I would like to thank everyone for braving (not that you had much of a choice if you read my blog) my current venting spiel. Thank you for your support, and I promise, venting will only be sporadic, at best. I am done with it, for now. =)

The world works in mysterious ways, cliche but so true. After noticing a book popping out of my son's backpack I pulled it out to find Tuesdays with Morrie by Mitch Albom.  I've read The Five People You Meet in Heaven and felt I needed a dose of a similar inspiration and began reading and reading and reading. I couldn't put it down. It was fate.

After my current emotional meltdown struggle I found a better sense of purpose by reading Tuesdays with Morrie. It wasn't a hit-you-upside-the-head-wake-up kind of feeling, but a subtle awareness bringing me to the present. Now.

This book opened my eyes to so many ideas. I've listed three here.

1. Limit the venting/crying/breakdown. Time it. Let it consume you to the fullest, then let it go. Time yourself if you have to. Ten minutes in the morning I will devote to feeling sorry for myself, then I have the rest of the day to feel good. I like that mindset. I could live with it.

2. I don't want to be twenty one, thirty one, I've been there, done that. It is because of those moments that I am who I am and I am better for it.

3. "As long as we can love each other, and remember the feeling of love we had, we can die without ever really going away. All the love you created is still there. All the memories are still there. You live on--in the heart of everyone you have touched and nurtured while you were here."

What better inspiration to strive for love. This was a perfect find for the end of my week and the beginning of the rest of my life. I love it when that happens.  What book transformed you recently?

4 comments:

  1. Have a Little Faith, also by Mitch Albom, was a great book! Thanks for your honest and inspiring comments, E. (BTW - I've never thought you vent and rave that much! ^_^)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The limit thing does work. When time was up, I'd start writing. Kept my mind from creeping back. Hope you find your way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely post. Glad you are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Victoria. I think I'm going to check out everything Mitch. =)

    Thanks M. and Nick. I'm good. Really good. It helps to vent. But no more. =)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I had to turn on the word verification due to spammers. Sorry for the inconvenience.