Friday, March 9, 2012

Friday round-up...not really, two tags, a Meme, and an award Oh my!

I have been tagged in a couple of Memes First up, I was tagged in the Lucky 7 Meme by Martin From Sand to Glass. Thanks Martin!  The rules are straightforward.

1. Go to page 77 of your current MS
2. Go to line 7
3. Copy down the next 7 lines - sentences or paragraphs - and post them as they're written. No cheating

Here goes...

He was a wuss. Plain and simple. One of them.
She watched as the wave of girls led him to the music stand where he took a much nicer guitar and started strumming the chords. She remembered how he had played only for her on the platform. How his face had transformed into something magical. How he had transported her to another place, and how it had made her feel. She blinked and realized that he was staring at her. She turned and left him and the thoughts of him glued to the pillars surrounding the assembly. She’d leave all her thoughts for God to sort out. She just couldn’t do it right now.

4. Tag 7 authors
5. Let them know

I'll do that in one shot below... 

Now the Tag...

 What is the title of your current WIP. Tell us about it?  The Simple Truth.

Seventeen-year old Johnny Castro thought getting his V’s (beaten up to within an inch of his life and branded) would free him from gang life; he was wrong.

When a woman helps him escape from a couple of thugs and offers to be a host home for him, he jumps at the chance of having a normal life. Except that trouble finds him in the form of the woman’s teenage daughter, Alicia, who thinks her mother has lost her mind taking in someone like him. She’s been avoiding scum like him her whole life.

After they begin to open festering wounds leading them to trust each other, Alicia’s mom makes it perfectly clear she won’t tolerate a relationship between the two. So when trust begins to turn into something more, Johnny has to make a choice: give in to his feelings for Alicia and end up back on the streets or bury his feelings like he’s buried so many other things.


When did you start blogging and why?  Two years ago. I wanted to be accountable to my writing and putting myself out there did just that.

If you could do anything tomorrow, what would you do? Sleep all day.

Describe your happy place. I love being home. I’m a home body.

What was your first happy memory?  I remember when I was about ten my dad announced we were going on a road trip. Just like that. That morning we packed the family and ended up in Canada. It was exciting and scary at the same time.

What was the scariest thing you've ever done? I don’t do scary. Well, I had four kids with no epidural. That’s either scary or nuts you pick.

What is the funniest thing you did today? I don't do funny. Oscar the Grouch and Grumpy are family.

What is the strangest place you've ever got an idea for a story?  My car.. not very strange. 

Where do you write? Kitchen on my laptop. I gave up the office.

If you just won a ticket to anywhere in the world and you had to take me, where would you take me and why?  I would like to visit my parents in Puerto Rico. You would love my parents. They'd feed you until you explode. =)


Then...Versatile blogger award from RodTyson's Blog. Thanks!
Seven random things about me...

  • I have curly  hair
  • The sight of snot freaks me out.
  • I drive a minivan, but I'm not a soccer mom
  • I'm addicted to my laptop
  • I'm a wine-o
  • I read till 3am
  • My daughter loves me just because. 
Thanks for my son in helping me write these seven. =)


 Another Tag from Nick Wilford blogspot. Thanks Nick!

Who is your favourite character of all time and why? I actually like Eowyn from Lord of the Rings. Her story was sad and yet she took her life in her own hands and did what she felt was right. One tough cookie.

2. When is your best time to write? Why? I like writing at night when the kids are asleep. It’s quiet and the juices are flowing.

3. What do you think is the most underrated book of all time? Mine.(lol)

4. How would you feel if a book of yours was adapted into a massively successful film that far outstripped the popularity of your book? Scared. I think about JK and how it must be scary to write the next thing. Everyone is ready to criticize. 

5. What is your favourite cartoon? Woody Woodpecker. Jeeze, I’m old.

6. What do you do if you get stuck at any point while writing? I read...with a glass of wine.

7. Toast, cereal or full-fat fry up in the morning? Toast.

8. Describe how you feel when you first give someone else a piece of your writing to read (even if only a spouse or friend). I feel like I’m giving them a piece of me to scrutinize. It’s hard.

9. If you were able to live anywhere in the world, where would it be?  I don’t know. I like where I’m at.

10. What one thing would you most like to achieve by the end of this year? I’d like to have a stable job.

 Phew...that was a lot. I think y'all know me better than my family.

Here's a few wonderful links. Feel free to grab whichever set of questions you'd like.








Have a great weekend.

17 comments:

  1. This meme has been circling everywhere. Good answers btw.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice seven lines. Now I'm curious. :D

    Happy Weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can't deny you're funny. Even your answer to that question was funny. :)

    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for that. You are a very interesting person. So when do we leave for Puerto Rico and do they cook Chilli?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those seven lines were intriguing!

    Thanks for the tag. Now to decide...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great answers! Like your seven lines :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. So after 4 kids, snot still grosses you out? I would've thought you'd get used to it by then.

    I loved Woody Woodpecker, but as a parent, wow he'd be annoying now.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Suzi, yeah I could do poop changes and vomit bags but no boogies. =)

    Martin, no chilli but a lot of fried foods. Something to give your heart a run for its money.

    Thanks everyone. Glad you liked the answers and snippet.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Woo HOO! I was hoping someone would tag me with the Lucky Seven. I'll take those questions.

    Great answers especially your favorite character from LOTR.

    Congrats on your awards and thank you for thinking of me.
    Now, to get busy with my answers :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow,that's a lot of awards!
    Would also love to eat until I explode. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for mentioning me, I love the Lucky 7 meme!

    Your book sounds intriguing, I enjoyed the snippet.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What an awesome excerpt! Love the sound of your wip!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Just dropping in to say howdy! I'm amazed you stay up 'til that time reading! Wish I had the energy.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks everyone.
    J.L. the 3 am thing is not all the time. He was exaggerating a bit. =)

    ReplyDelete
  15. FYI: I posted my Lucky 7. But since several people tagged me and everybody's been doing it, I didn't have 7 new ones, so I just tagged you/linked your name back to your post. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I had to turn on the word verification due to spammers. Sorry for the inconvenience.