Friday, March 2, 2012

Friday Round-up

Happy Friday!

This week was HELL. I found out there's a very good chance that I'm going to lose my job as it's state funded and the state is broke.  I feel too old to discover myself...again.  After shedding a few tears, and being reminded that I am in a better place, I am good. I Will Survive. I Am Blessed. And yes, I will discover myself...again. =)

Here are a few links to keep you busy.

Janet Reid is having an awesome contest. Check it out here.

Miss Snark's March Contest is around the corner. Here.

Monica B.W. is having a pitch contest. Here.

Natalie Whipple talks about 10 things she would have done differently. A must read. Here.

And Laura Diamond is having a contest to celebrate Publishing!!  Hop on over and congratulate her!  

Have a great weekend!

13 comments:

  1. Thanks for the link. I'm sorry to hear about your job. But often, when things seems bad, it's because something better is waiting for you around the corner. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awe man... sorry about the real life ickies. Totally stinks :/

    But thanks for the great links. Very helpful ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for your honest post. We've all had tough things happen - I can tell from your positive attitude you'll land on your feet. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm very sorry to hear about your job! That stinks. Best of luck finding something new, and better :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. THANKS FOR THE SHOUT OUT!!!!

    *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  6. As someone whose job is funded by a federal grant - I've felt your pain several times. I wish you the best!
    erica

    ReplyDelete
  7. Going to check out some of these links. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sorry to hear about your job. My hubby has lost his job a couple of times because the companies went bankrupt. It is very unsettling, especially since we had young children at the time. He now has been at the same job for 15 years, so things did get better. Hope all goes well and you find something even better in the future.

    Thanks for sharing those links, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm so sorry to hear about your job. Hope there's something wonderful around the corner for you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh no!
    glad you are taking a positive stand and turning this into a challenge.
    you can come out on top!

    ps, i love your story so far, official progress report on wed)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks everyone. I needed the inspiration. =)

    Thanks Tara, looking forward to it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I had to turn on the word verification due to spammers. Sorry for the inconvenience.