Friday, February 17, 2012

Friday Round-Up

A small change to the schedule but still a list of blogs you can check out!

I've been tagged...twice!

The Campaigners are on the trail. I've been tagged which means I have to answer 11 questions and forward to 11 Campaigners.  Here goes.

These questions come from Alyssa over at Life Is Good.

1. What is your favorite holiday?
Christmas is my favorite. I love the goodness and giving of this time of year.

2. Who is your idol?
Wow...this is a hard one. I have to say, I don't really have one.  I mean, there are folks that I admire...JK Rowling, Stephen King, Ghandi, but I wouldn't say they are my idol and I didn't have one growing up.

3. If you could visit any place in the world where would you go?
I want to visit the medieval castles. I don't care where. =)

4. What's your favorite genre?
I grew up reading Horror but always loved Fantasy. So maybe some horrorish/fantasy.

5. What or who has inspired your writing the most?
I was inspired as a kid by Stephen King. I wanted to write like him.

6. If you could choose any superpower what would you have?
Telekinisis. I want to move stuff with my mind.

7. If you had to be a villain, who would it be? Why?
I would be Mastermind. I think he was too smart for his own good. And he was a sympathetic character.

8. What is your favorite animal?
Beagle. They are so cute.

9.What is your favorite food?
Fried Plantains.  Anything my mom cooks really. I miss her since she moved.

10.Who is your favorite author?
Stephen King

11. What is your biggest fear?
Getting eaten by Zombies.

Here are the questions by Sophie over at Sophie's Writing Adventure

1.When did you start writing?
I started writing when I was about 14.

2. Who are your literary heroes? (/favourite authors)
Love Stephen King, JK Rowling, Dean Koontz

3. What is your favourite fictional character?
Eowyn--Lord of the Rings. She's proper and badass.

4. What genre(s) do you write?
YA--thriller, contemporary, fantasy

5. What is your favourite book, tv show and film?
Book: IT by Stephen King, TV show...24 a long time ago, and Film  Lord of the Rings. I've watched it a million times.

6. What is your favourite place you've visited in the world?
I haven't been to many places, but I would like to go back to Puerto Rico for a nice vacation.

7. What is your favourite music?
I'd have to say Freestyle. Yes, I'm still living in the 80's

8. Have you ever written fanfic?/Opinions on it?
I'm good with fan fiction but one needs to be careful not to break any copyright laws and if you plan to publish make sure you have permission.

9. Where is your favourite place to write?
Kitchen on my laptop so I don't get on the internet.

10. Tea or Coffee?
Coffee rules!

11. Have you ever taken part in NaNoWriMo?/ Opinions on it?
No, I haven't. I think it's a great idea to streamline ideas.
I'm tagging...
1. Jennifer Fischetto
2. Jolene Stockman
3. Melodie Wright
4. Cindy M. Hogan
5. Barbara's Meanderings
6. The Feather and the Rose
7. Crow River Writer
8.  Silver Linings

Okay, computer started acting wierd so I'll forward it to 8 listed above.  Here are my questions..

1. Are you a dog or cat person?
2. What is your favorite color?
3. What is your favorite book?
4. What do you prefer: pencil or keyboard?
5. If you could have powers, what would it be?
6. Who is your favorite villain? Why?
7. What drove you to write?
8. If you were forced to change your name, what would it be?
9. What is your favorite place?
10. What was your favorite year? Why?
11. What is your favorite song?

There you go!

Have a great weekend!

14 comments:

  1. YAY! for Stephen King!! :)

    Getting eaten by zombies...yeah, slightly a freaky thought.

    ReplyDelete
  2. how fun! i was tagged too =)
    the best part is making up the questions!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Getting eaten by Zombies? Do you ever feel you may have watched too many horror movies? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Telekinesis would definitely be a great superpower. The remote control would never be out of reach again! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. *Squeal* Thanks for the tag! (I have so many to do now!!!) Looking forward to campaigning with you :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would love telekinesis. I'd never have to get off the couch again! Ahhh. Just stopping by from the campaign trail :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've been told I write like Stephen King...like a Eye of the Dragon type of thing. I agree with the whole writing without internet!! I need to do this more often!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love getting to know you better! I'm with you on JK, I'd loved to meet her!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats!

    Telekinesis would be the bomb!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am soooo due a 24 party!!! Thank you for the tag! My answers (picture style!) are here: http://jolenestockman.blogspot.co.nz/2012/02/11-11-11-11-11-1111.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you for the tag. Sorry it took so long, but I am planning on answering the questions today. I love your answers to the questions you were given. Stephen King is someone I admire too.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I had to turn on the word verification due to spammers. Sorry for the inconvenience.