Monday, February 27, 2012

The Darkness

This passage was written by my son, Jaycee, 15 yrs old.

Eyes open, I can't see
Needing light, Scurrying around
Hitting the walls, still can't see
Panicking badly, heart pounding
Back up in a corner 1...2...3...
How long have I been here? 
Is this hell? The Darkness is all around
Still can't see
Time goes by 4...5...6...
Who is counting? That isn't me...
Something grabs hold 7...8...9...
"You are mine!"
It drags me around like a rag doll
Down the stairs. Something glows.
It looks like a person.
Lights turn on
Room full of white
I can't find the way out
The walls aren't there
Light turn off
Glowing figure appears there in front of me
hugs me, kisses me, soft lips
Lights on
It's gone. Where did it go?
The Darkness was my fear,
but now I want it back.
Lights off
I can see
The dark is just inside of me
I hear a beep,
2 beeps, 3 beeps
Glowing figure shines brighter.
Lights turn on.
I'm on a bed.
I turn my head.
The figure is still there,
But now I see
The Darkness was inside of me.
You were my light all along.
You still shine brighter than the sun.
Light the way, we'll never be done.
Let's revisit the Darkness.

14 comments:

  1. Wow! Very insightful. Great job by your son.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that's amazing. Your son is a better poet than I'll ever be. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks. He didn't really know what it was about. He wrote it during gym class. I liked it because it's creepy. =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. serious skills!
    and soul!

    ps, my 13yo son's name is Jace =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like the "beat". Keep up the great work.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! Very nice! Following in Mom's footsteps? :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Excellent. BTW, I've given your blog an award :-)
    http://wchaser.wordpress.com/2012/02/28/awards-season/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey guys it's JayCee thank you for all the positive responses :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I had to turn on the word verification due to spammers. Sorry for the inconvenience.