Monday, February 13, 2012

A Book Review


Blurb from the back of the book:

Ages 8 and up

A dimensional rift has opened, and now a headstrong young man must learn to use an ancient power before the Earth is enslaved.

Dylan Kent is exposed to a mysterious energy from another dimension! Transformed into an ever-changing warrior, Dylan must harness these new powers in order to keep our world free from intradimensional invaders. These invaders have come to our world in search of the power Dylan now possesses. If Dylan is unsuccessful in repelling them, not only will he die but our world will die with him!

Review--by my fourth grader.

He read this in two days, which says a lot!

His brief review:

It's about a guy who gets super powers. He has to defend the planet. I liked the action and adventure. I liked Dylan and the trouble he gets into.

And there you have it. I always love finding books that he enjoys. I won this book in a blog contest.

Any other book recommendations you'd like to share for him would be greatly appreciated.

9 comments:

  1. Hi, Chandara! I'm in your YA Campaign group so wanted to drop by and see what you're all about. Thanks for posting the review for 'Upgrader'. It looks like a graphic novel and might be an interesting read to pick up for boys I know who are reluctant readers. Thanks for sharing.

    - Susan Rocan (mywithershins.wordpress.com)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was just thinking about how much that cover looked like a graphic novel as well :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for commenting. Actually this isn't a graphic novel. =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never heard of this. The cover reminded of a comic, but I liked it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh, my sons would love this.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hehe :-) That review was better than most reviews I've read on Amazon! :-p

    That look s like the sort of book I would have liked as a kid.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your son's review. To the point. =)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I also love your son's review. And yes, if a fourth grader reads a book in two days, that says a lot!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I had to turn on the word verification due to spammers. Sorry for the inconvenience.