Monday, January 23, 2012

A Book Review

Cute, available, and one cabin over.... 

Lori lives for summertime on the lake. She spends all season wakeboarding, swimming, and hanging with her friends—including the two hotties in the house next door. With the Vader brothers, Lori's always been one of the guys. 

But while Lori and the "baby" brother, Adam, are inseparable friends, she can't deny a secret crush on Sean, the older Vader boy. This year Sean's been paying Lori a lot of attention, and not in a brotherly way. 

But just as Lori decides to prove to Sean she's girlfriend material, she realizes that her role as girlfriend to Adam may be even more important. And by trying so hard for the perfect summer romance, she could be going way overboard. (Blurb from Goodreads)




My Review:


First Line:  Sean smiled down at me, his light brown hair glinting golden in the sunlight.


I am a new fan of Jennifer Echols. 


 Lori decides that she no longer wants to be seen as one of the boys and begins her transformation as a girl. I loved it!  I loved that Lori is strong willed while trying to balance the expectation of how girls should and should not behave. I loved the love triangle here and the mess she gets herself into. 


I picked this book up after an agent suggested anything written by Jennifer Echols on her blog. I didn't regret it.  I also read The Ex Games by Jennifer Echols. A great read too! Check out her blog here. 



3 comments:

  1. I've not heard of Jennifer Echols before, but this sounds like a fun read :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's always great to find an author you enjoy. Congrats to you and to her!

    Thanks for visiting the Write Game and saying hi.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey!! Just to let you know I've just awarded you with a couple of blog awards. Come on over and check them out xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I had to turn on the word verification due to spammers. Sorry for the inconvenience.